In the Light, In the Shadows

A/N

... Well, I know I haven't updated in freakin' FOREVER, and I seriously apologize for that. I also know that I must've seriously have tested your guys' patience precisely because I haven't updated in freakin' FOREVER, which I am also apologizing for... V_V

So... yeah, I don't really have a good excuse other than school being a huge thorn in my ass (which it seriously was)... but I hope this makes up for it! :D Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________

"... You've done surprisingly well." A familiar voice stated, and I suddenly looked around to notice that I was once again in the dream world.

Must've fallen asleep in that case...

"Uh, okay? ... Wait, you weren't expecting me to get this far!?" I suddenly realized, almost shouting into the mist at the feminine voice, the same one that belonged to whoever brought me to this world.

"To be honest... I thought you would've been done in by your friend's dining habits", The voice remarked, causing me to subconsciously look at my injured arm, and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Mostly because I had to admit she had a point.

"Ugh...", I said solemnly, holding my face in my palm, "I never thought that one of my close friends would try to eat me...".

"Indeed... a 'friend'..." The voice said in a teasing yet kinda sarcastic tone. I immediately blushed.

"W-Well... we're definitely more than friends..." I stuttered. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure where me and Six stood. We were definitely closer than just friends, and we both like each other, but boyfriend-girlfriend...?

"I believe that you have bigger problems than how you stand with your fellow escapee... like HER..." She reminded me, causing me to look up frantically. That's right...

The Lady...

"Oh, boy..." I muttered. At least with the Janitor, Chefs and Guests, there was some easy-to-exploit weakness: The Janitor's blindness, the Chefs' lack of intelligence, and the Guests were fat and slow. But with the Lady... only Six could possibly be able to help with that. Even then, she had a point when she said that she was nothing like anything we've encountered thus far. However, we couldn't quit after coming so far.

"You aren't giving up, are you?" The voice chided. "Of course not! I came this far, I'm not going down now!" I replied, fists clenching. There was silence for a while before the voice's unseen owner spoke up.

"... Then what are you still doing here?"

_________________________________________________________

"W-Wha--?" I suddenly jolted awake, my eyes flying open. Looking around, I realized I was still in the exact same area that Lucecito, Six and I fell asleep in. Speaking of which...

"Wait, what?" I asked aloud, realizing that my comrades were nowhere in sight. Quickly assuming the worst, I instantly got to my feet and looked around until I heard a voice.

"Oh, you're awake!" Six's voice said, and I looked to the entry of the (literally) small alley that we were resting in. To my relief, I saw her standing perfectly fine at the other end, waving cheerfully.

"There you are, Six! Had me worried for a second!" I chided slightly, letting out a sigh of relief. "So, where's Lucecito?" I asked, craning my neck to find him. Six rolled her eyes and continued.

"Don't worry, he's over here." She replied, gesturing with her thumb to her right.

*Jing-a-ling!*