Sixatouille

As the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened, I recognised the hallway as the one that was right next to the pantry that Six emptied earlier. As we stepped out of the elevator and walked to the kitchen, we heard a noise come from said pantry.

*Shuffle, Shuffle*

"...Uh, what was that?" Six asked quietly and carefully, casting a glance in the direction of the pantry, though her voice had noticeable less fear now. Lucecito was more cautious, carefully walking over and slightly grabbing my leg.

Wait... oh, that's right! There's a Gnome inside a jar, if I remember correctly.

"Okay, I'm gonna check it out." I whispered calmly, shaking Lucecito off of me. As I took a step forwards, Six suddenly put a hand in front of me.

"No." She said firmly, surprising me with the authority in her voice. As I was about to protest, she turned and also began heading for the pantry.

"WE will check it out. Together." She said, more softly this time, looking over her shoulder at me with a soft smile. I couldn't help but return it as me and Lucecito began to walk after her.

"Aye-aye!" I said jokingly.

_________________________________________________________

*Five minutes later*

"Whoa!" I yelped as the jar shattered into dozens of pieces on the tiled floor, startling my companions who were on either side of me. After we re-entered the pantry, we found the moving jar with the Gnome stuck in it. Since neither Six nor Lucecito had any idea what to do, I simply walked over, grabbed it and chucked it into the air. However, the sound it made upon landing startled me.

*CRASH!*

...*Jing?*

"Is... is that another Gnome?" Six asked from besides me.

Just like I remembered, a Gnome was standing amidst the pile of broken pieces, holding his head in a scared way. Soon after seeing it, Lucecito's bell chimed before he eagerly walked up to the other Gnome and tapped his shoulder. The Gnome seemed confused at first, but then eagerly gave Lucecito a strong hug.

"Dang, how many friends do you have, Lucecito?" I asked jokingly with a smirk as I picked up the large key from the spot on the floor I placed it on. Turning to me after being released, Lucecito put his hand to his chin(?) in a thinking pose before stretching his arms out to his sides as wide as possible, making Six giggle.

"Wow, that's a lot of friends!" She chirped, approaching the new Gnome, "What were doing in there, little fella?" She asked him.

The Gnome gestured to his stomach before pointing to his mouth.

"Uh... Oh, you were hungry?" I guessed. Both Lucecito and the other Gnome nodded.

"Oh..." Six said somberly, "Well, we are in a pantry. There's loads of food to--".

*Thump, Thump!* *Thump, Thump!*

"Gragh! What's going on here!?"

All four of us instantly shut up and tensed as the rapidly approaching footsteps and voice of one of the Chef's registered. Quick as a wink, we shared scared glances before diving under the bottom shelf of the pantry. Not two seconds later, the bulbous feet of one of the Chefs stomped into the room, stopping at the dozens of pieces of the broken jar on the floor.

"Grr... damned infesting rats!" He bellowed angrily after studying the broken pieces. He then turned to face the shelves.

"Ragh, now I need... WHAT!?" The Chef shouted, making us all jump, "Why is there food missing here!?"