Metal Gear Six: The Phantom Sal

A/N

Warning: This chapter is quite long in comparison to the previous chapters. Just wanted to let you know before you read.

_________________________________________________________

... Did I leave the stove on?

No, seriously, did I? Y'know, because I'd hate to die with unfinished business, be it in this world or back on my world.

Not sure why I'm not screaming right now, even though I'm still flying through the air several feet above the abyss that would definitely be the death of me. Time seemed to stand still as I gazed down into the inky darkness from my spot flying through the air, my eyes wide open and jaws no doubt seperated in terror even if no sound was coming out. Most people would probably be terrified of how their death would be, but for some reason, as my mind raced faster than Quicksilver's ever could, I could only come up with thoughts about other things.

Thoughts about my family. About my little siblings. About Lucecito.

About Six.

Right as I was about to plummet to my death, time resumed and I suddenly felt two small yet ridiculously strong hands grab my arm and kept me from dropping me down to my death.

"Oof!" I yelped, not expecting to have been saved at all, the person's strong grip stopping my fall dead cold. I instantly turned my head around to see Six at the edge of the broken wooden floor, Lucecito standing behind her and holding the back of her raincoat to keep her from potentially falling.

"SAL, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" Six practically screamed at me as I hung off the edge while she held my arm.

*Jing-a-ling!*

With a strong jerk, she and Lucecito pulled me up and onto the floor and away from the chasm. Getting pulled onto the solid floor, I quickly began breathing in and out on my hands and knees to get my heart rate under control.

"*pant* *pant*, ugh... oh, goodness, thank you so much, Six, I--" I began as I got up, but as I turned to look at the girl who saved me, she suddenly punched me square in the gut.

*THUD!*

"GAAGCK! Oh, fuc--udge!" I yelled and nearly cursed as I immediately doubled over, with my body in a 90 degree angle as my gut seared with pain. For a girl about 2 whole inches shorter than me and probably malnourished, she was ridiculously strong!

"Agh, what the hell was--!?" I began as I stood up again, but instantly shut up. The reason for that was because she was standing there with her arms and frowning angrily at me, with a glare that could melt steel.

"Uh... what's--?"

*THUD!*

"OW!" I tried to ask but yelled again as Lucecito walked up and kicked me in the shin, causing me to once more double over. For such little guys, my new friends could pack a punch!

"Good golly!" I shouted as I recovered. As I stood up again, this time in a rather defensive position to ensure that no more harm would befall me, I now saw Lucecito with his arms crossed besides Six, matching her pissed off look. Sighing while putting a hand to my forehead, I realized why they did that.

"Ugh... alright, fine, I deserved that. Happy?" I said in defeat. Neither said anything, they just continued to stand there fuming. Finally, Six sighed before she abruptly grabbed me by my shirt and pulled my face close to hers, to the point where I could plainly see her furious eyes.

"Don't. Ever. Scare. Me. Like. That. AGAIN." She stated, barely keeping the anger out of her voice. Since I wanted to live, I nodded my head fervently.