Lucecito-mon Sal-phaSix-fire

... What the hell was the JANITOR doing here!? I was so shocked that I momentarily forgot that I was still in the firm grip of Chef #1. Apparently, the Chefs must've thought the same thing.

"J-Janitor!? What are YOU doing here, away from your duties!?" Chef #1 demanded to him, his grip on me becoming stronger. Six was too shocked to say anything, though she kept her cleaver to Chef #2's throat. Even Lucecito finally peeked out from behind a stack of dishes on the countertop between the center sink and Six's position, clearly as confused as us. The Janitor didn't move from his spot from the ceiling, only keeping his hold on Chef #1's cleaver.

"No, the better question is, why are you defending these vermin and that thing!? YOU WILL GET US ALL PUNISHED!!!" The Chef practically roared with hatred in his eyes, once again gesturing to Six when he said "thing". The Janitor didn't respond for a while.

".... Aren't you tired of this?" The Janitor finally asked in a quiet voice, his mouth in a straight line. Both Chefs tensed at this.

"G-gragh? What do you mean 'tired of this'!? You should be down in the Prison and allow us to perform our duties, you--" Chef #1 was cut off.

"AREN'T YOU TIRED OF BEING CAGED HEEEREE!?!?!?" The Janitor shouted, startling all of us with his volume, so badly that Six nearly nicked Chef #2's throat in surprise. This was the loudest we'd ever heard him. After a moment, the Janitor sighed and dropped down onto the countertop, still not releasing his grip in Chef #1's wrist that held his cleaver.

"Doooon't yoou want to geeeeet ooouuut ooof heeere? Eeeeeveen if theeeere sssseeeems to be noooo chaaaance?" The Janitor drawled. The Chefs both seemed angered, even #2 despite the fact that Six was still holding a cleaver to his throat.

"O-OF COURSE WE WISH TO LEAVE!! BUT YOU KNOW AS WELL AS US THAT SHE WILL PUNISH AND DESTROY US ALL IF WE SO MUCH AS--!!" Chef #2 shouted but was cut off.

"THEN AT LEAST WE'D BE FREE OF THIS HEEEELLLHOOOOOLE!!!" The Janitor screeched, baring his teeth in frustration. Chef #1 lowered his gaze from him, thinking.

"...Goargh, why are you so certain about this!? Last time I checked, you were perfectly content staying here!" The Chef spoke up.

"Becaaaauuuse theeeeen, I haaad noooo otheeer choooiiice!" The Janitor hissed back, "Buuuuut noooowww, I've deciiiiiided thaaaat IIII have haaad ENOOOUUGH!"

With that, he launched his other hand forward and snatched me up from the Chef's hand, much to my surprise. One second, I'm trapped in the Chef's grip, and the next I'm being held in the air directly above the countertop and right next to the Janitor.

"Gah!" I yelped, not expecting that in the least. Apparently, neither did the Chef, since he looked from me to his now empty hand with wide eyes several times.

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" The Chef shouted while trying and failing to free his other wrist.

"IIII'm tryyyyying to geeeet us aaaaall out of heeeere! IIII caaaaan't staaand doiing anyyyy of thiiiisssss anymooooore!!" The Janitor yelled, gently placing me down on the countertop much to the Chef's irritation. At that time, Lucecito had stealthily made his way to the counter we were at.

*Jing-a-ling!*

Pausing, the Janitor used his free hand to reach down and pick up Lucecito off the floor.

"I... I'm through doing those... things." The Janitor said, placing Lucecito next to me. I glared at him in irritation for a few seconds, but my expression softened and I ended up giving a small smile and ruffling his hat slightly before turning my attention back to the monsters.