Chapter 1- Present (Edited)

A/N: Does anyone want me to make a character list? There are going to be a lot of names in this book, so ya.

~Rissa

__________________________________________________________________________

I ran faster than I had ran before, my tongue lolling out of my mouth. My blue and red ears were pricked as I tried to pick up any sound that my brother may cause. I was having a race with my twin brother and was actually winning.

'I am going to kill you when I find you,' my brother, Keagen, growled. 'You shouldn't have done that.'

I sent an image of me laughing at him as I picked up my speed. I knew that I shouldn't have cheated, but it was funny and a harmless prank. 'Awwww, but you like getting wet,' I teased.

'Kyler Rose! Are you making a dirty joke?' he asked in mock anger. 'I had not had sex with anyone thank you very much.'

'Yes, but that is because you love Willa and want her to be your mate,' I replied, causing my brother to growl. I wagged my tail and sent him an image of me laughing at him.

'I don't like your best friend,' he grumbled, lying. 'And she is a Fae. How many people do you know that hav- never mind, don't answer.'

'But, Keagie,' I whined, causing him to growl at the use of the old nickname I had given him. I flicked my ears towards a sound and moved out of my brother's way. 'Nice try asshole!' I exclaimed and picked up my pace with him right at my tail.

'Fuck you, Ky! I'm going to tell mom!" Keagan said. He jumped on me, causing the both of us to tumble down a steep hill. He groaned when he landed on the bottom and I was on top of him. 'How did you do that?' he asked, his one red and blue eye staring at me. Curiosity shone in his eyes, and I could tell that he was just as curious as I was.

I shrugged my shoulder and decided to be a butt and sit on him, causing the male to goran. 'I don't know.' I heard the clearing of a throat and saw our mother glaring at us. My ears flicked back as I caught her annoyed look. 'Hi, Mom.'

***

Rylan Pierce looked as much as an Alpha as she did in that moment. She was wearing a red dress, and it almost made me cringe because I knew that we were late. Her eyes twinkled with mirth, but it didn't reach her stone called face. "Do you two know what time it is?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

I hopped off my brother and shook my head. 'I can't carry a watch, so how am I supposed to know?' I asked, causing her lip to move. 'And, it is cloudy, so I can't tell the time with the sun.'

Mom sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "What am I going to do with you, Ky?" she asked.

I sat down and cocked my head. 'Love me,' I replied. 'You can always scratch my belly and call me a 'good girl'.'

Mom chuckled and shook her head. "No wonder Rhett says that you are my kid. You act just like me." Pride filled her eyes, and I could tell that she was happy to have a child like me.

I gave her a wolfish grin and nudged my brother, causing him to grumble. 'Well, considering that I look just like you...'

Mom sighed and shook her head, again. "The guests are about to arrive. You two need to get ready. We don't want to be late for your own party. Now do we?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked at me, because she knew that I would rather not show up to my own birthday party.

'And we don't want Keagie to keep Willa waiting,' I said. I moved out of his way when he lunged at me and started to run towards the house.

'Fuck you, Ky!' he yelled.

'Considering that I don't know my mate and do not want to have sex until I meet him, then I am going to have to!' I yelled back at him, causing my mother to bark out laughing.

'Damn it, Ky! That is just... TMI!' he said, and I could hear the disgust in his voice.