Chapter 14 (Edited)

"'Hi, Kyler. How as the rest of your trip?'" I asked, mocking my grandfather's voice. "'Well, it was ok... thanks for asking. I got to talk with everyone except for you because you were "busy" and almost got into a wreck because Uncle Thaddie and Uncle Chris are dumbasses'."

Theodore snickered, causing me to look at him and smirk.

"'Why did you call?' 'Oh, I don't know. I just have information that I think you should be aware of, but if you don't want to hear it, then you can just hang up the call'."

"Kyler," Grandpa Fernos warned. He scowled and narrowed his eyes at me.

"That's what you could have said," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "Not 'what do you want? I was busy'."

"Ok, before you two get into an argument again, can we hear this information?" Grandma Tabitha asked. "And why do you want us to be aware of it?" She narrowed her eyes at my grandfather, causing his scowl to deepen.

"Well, there are a lot of rules here. Like... females can't shift into Wolf form nor can they talk unless they are spoken to," I said. "There are more, but since someone is busy, I will just send a list of what they are." I narrowed my eyes at my grandfather.

"Is there a punishment, and why do you not know about it, Maverick?" Grandma Whisper asked, looking at him.

"The punishment is lashings. I don't know how many, but it's basically three strikes, and you are out," I said.

"What do you mean by lashings?" Grandpa Vulcan asked. He hissed, and I could tell that he was getting protective.

"I think it's with a whip or something, and they just tear into your back," I said. "I haven't been through it, so I don't know." I looked at Theodore, his face a darker color. "And, by the looks of his face, I think I was correct."

"Have you been hit?" Grandma Tabitha asked, looking at Theodore. Sympathy filled her eyes, and I could tell that she didn't want him to get hurt.

"Yes, Your Majesty," he said, nodding his head. "I've been hit many times. I-I uh..." He looked at me, panic filling his eyes.

"I think the reason as to why Uncle Maverick hasn't known is because there is a spell being used," I said, turning their attention away from him.

"What do you mean by a spell?" Grandpa Fernos asked.

"I mean that there is a spell being used," I replied. "If I want to keep the king from seeing what is going on in a pack, then I would drug him, make him hear and see things that are not really happening. I would try to make the scene look as light and normal as possible while hiding the gray underneath."

Uncle Maverick stayed silent and nodded his head. He seemed to know that was probably how he was feeling when he came over. "It could explain why I don't know about the lashings. I don't know if anyone has told me..." He moved a hand through his hair and grimaced. Guilt and anguish filled his face, and I understood why.

"It's ok, Your Majesty," Theodore said. He gave my uncle a tight smile. "We somewhat know the power of the spell."

"And, you aren't going to say anything else. We don't want Ky to take your lashings," Uncle Maverick said. He nodded his head, giving his thanks to him.

"Why would..?" Theodore asked, furrowing his brows. He looked at me, concern filling his eyes.

"We're friends now," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "I protect my friends."

Theodore's face turned brighter and filled with excitement. "Really?" he asked, staring at me in awe and respect.

I nodded my head. "Tasha and I can't link each other," I said, getting down to the rules. "Do you think it'd be fine if I did the linking spell?"

"Linking spell?" Theodore asked. "What's that?"

"It's basically a spell that basically acts like a pack link," Grandma Tabitha said. "It will let you link her and Tasha, or it will have you linking the both of them. You can, also, see stuff that Ky is hiding. Which reminds me... how did you like it?" She looked at me.

"It looks good," I said. "I like that it doesn't need any belt loops to hook up to. It makes it easy wearing a skirt."

"Wait... what?" Theodore asked.

"So, can I do it?"

They all looked at each other before nodding their heads.

"It will probably be for the best," Grandma Whisper said. "Tabitha and I will make some concoctions for you to make sure that you are not placed underneath a spell. Can you try to find the person who is doing it?"

I nodded my head. "I can try," I said. "I don't know if I will have that much success, however." I looked at Theodore and held out my hand. "But for right now, give me your hand."