Chapter 29 (Edited)

My cousin glared up at me. 'Get off of me, Fatass,' he said causing me to look at him in shock and hurt.

'Fatass?' I asked with a gasp of shock. I narrowed my eyes at him and cocked my head. 'Why would you be calling me fat?'

'Because, you are fat,' Emmanuel groaned, trying to move from underneath my weight. 'Can you get off of me?'

I hummed and cocked my head in the other direction. 'What about... no.'

'But, Kyler,' he groaned, stretching out a bit and trying to shake my weight. 'You are too heavy for this.'

'No, I am not,' I replied. 'You are just too weak.' I leaned forward and licked his nose before hopping up and giving him a wolfish grin.

'Eeeewwww,' he exclaimed, wrinkling his nose. He moved his face in the grass and tried to get rid of my germs with me laughing at him. 'Disgusting. Why did you do that for?'

'Because,' I replied, causing him to stop and give me a deadpanned look. I hopped off of him and sat down, cocking my head. 'Why are you out?' I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Emmanuel sat up and yawned. He looked conflicted, and I could tell that he didn't really want to tell me what was going on.

'Emmanuel,' I warned, narrowing my eyes at him. 'What is it?'

'Well...' He shifted on his butt and looked away from me. 'My dad is there. He caught me looking at paperwork and shit and asked what I was doing. I tried to say that I wanted to study on packs, but he knew that I never really was into studying outside of class time...'

I bit back a huff and nodded my head. 'Ok,' I said. 'Continue.'

'He got you some stuff. I don't what it is because Dad scares me sometimes, but I think that you might want to see it for yourself.'

I scowled. 'No, shit, Sherlock,' I said. I glanced at Theodore when he cleared his throat and saw the confusion in his eyes. 'Emmanuel, this is Theodore. He's showing me the ropes at the pack and making sure that I don't get into too much trouble.'

Emmanuel snorted, interrupting me. 'You can't go a day without getting trouble. That is why Dad calls you 'Little Ry'.'

I gave him a deadpanned look. 'Everyone calls me 'Little Ry',' I replied. 'Anyway, on top of him is Clarissa. She's the new Prophet.'

That perked Emmanuel's interest and he took a step towards them, causing Theodore to growl and back up a step. 'The new prophet?' he asked, looking at me and then back at her. 'Are you sure that this is the prophet? Isn't she kind of young?'

I rolled my eyes, feeling rather annoyed. 'She's my age. I don't think that she is too young,' I replied. I gave him a warning look, causing him to back up and give me a sheepish grin.

'Right, right,' he said. He paused and looked in the direction that he had come from, something important crossing his mind. 'I don't think we should let Dad see her,' he said, looking at me. Worry filled his eyes, and I understood why he was worried. 'They could know that she is the Prophet if Dad somehow guesses that she is.'

I cocked my head. 'Do you think my mom told him?' I asked, causing him to shrug his shoulder.

'It's better safe than sorry. If she gets in the wrong hands...'

'Then someone can use her against us.'

'Hey, look at us thinking alike,' Emmanuel said, grinning. He nodded to Theodore. 'You might want to tell him that she is not going to come with us when we meet my dad. He wants to meet him.'

'Then he will meet him later,' I replied. 'I am not letting Clarissa stay here by herself, and I know that he wants to make sure that Tasha is still feeling like she can do this.'

'Then I watch her,' Emmanuel replied. He caught my look and huffed. 'Fine, he can stay out with her. If my dad gets mad at us for not bringing him, then it is your fault.'

I rolled my eyes and looked at Theodore to see him watching us with a confused expression on his face. 'I don't want my uncle to know that we have found the prophet,' I said, causing him to cock his head in confusion.

'Why not?' he asked.

'Because of him being controlled,' I replied. 'I want you two to not be there or near there when I am talking to him.'

Theodore hesitated but nodded his head. 'Where do you want us to go?'

'Stay on this path. It'll lead you to the Big House. My uncle will probably have to go a different way to get back to wherever he came from.'

'Do you want us to just walk in human form?'

'Yes,' I replied. 'Get to know each other better. I will send one of them to collect you when he is gone and has left the area.'

'Why not find us yourself?'

'I have to go over some stuff privately with my grandmother,' I replied. I shifted into my human form and looked at Clarissa. "There's been a change in plans. You're going to be waiting a bit with Theodore out here. My uncle found Emmanuel checking the books that contain information and is here."

Understanding filled her eyes and she nodded her head. "And, you don't want him to put a face to the name," she said, causing me to nod my head.

"For your safety and ours." I paused. "I have no idea what is going to happen, and I know that you see bits and pieces of different possibilities. So, I want to make sure that we still have sort of an advantage."

Clarissa hesitated and nodded her head. "What do you want us to do?" she asked, probably knowing that I was going to keep Theodore with her.

"Walk and talk," I replied. "This path will lead you to the Big House. Just stay on it." I looked at Theodore. "You may let her off now," I said, causing him to grumble and lay down.

Clarissa got off of his back and watched as he shifted into his human form. "What if he comes this way?" she asked, looking at me.

"I'll let Theodore know and you two will hide," I replied. I nodded to my cousin. "Emmanuel will distract him."

Emmanuel grunted and rolled his eyes. He didn't say a word, but I could tell that he didn't like that he would be used as a distraction. 'Use Tasha. He'll probably know th-" He stopped talking when I gave him a look. 'Never mind.'

I shook my head at him and looked at Theodore and Clarissa. "Any questions?" I asked, causing them to shake their heads no. I nodded mine. "Good, so I will see you all in about thirty minutes. I am hoping that this won't take long. He does have a kingdom to run."

"Then will you just go?" Theodore snapped playfully. "And leave me with my mate?"

I rolled my eyes but nodded my head. "No sex," I said. I winked at Clarissa, causing her skin to turn a little red. "I don't want any babies running around yet."

"Go!"

I laughed at Theodore's squeaky voice before shifting into my wolf form and running towards the Big House with Tasha and Emmanuel at my tail. 'I mean it,' I linked Theodore. 'No sex.'

'Kyler!'