Chapter 26 (Edited)

I reread the letter one last time, trying to figure out the secret message that my mate had placed. A scowl was on my face because it was just a complete mess, and I knew that I was going to have to figure it out later.

"Ky?" Clarissa asked, causing me to look up at her. She looked older, more sullen like something that she had seen wasn't going to end well for me.

I offered her a tight-lipped smile. "I'm fine," I said. But, I wasn't fine. I had no idea what this meant, what Andrei was trying to say. I had no idea if I even wanted to be with him, but that was a laughable thought because I wanted to be with him. He was my mate and my crush.

Clarissa frowned but didn't reply. She knew that I wasn't fine, but she knew that I wouldn't tell her what was going on in my mind. "Call her," she said, causing me to nod my head.

I stuffed the necklace and note back into my jeans pocket and took that and my phone into the closet.

I called my grandmother as I started to get myself ready to go to Between. I had to kick off the flats that I was wearing because I was not going to wear them to this.

Apparently, it was against the rules to wear boots, and I had almost gotten another strike. Almost because I had changed them quickly after Theodore had come to collect me this morning.

"Hello?" my grandmother asked, sounding rather annoyed. "What do you want?"

"Hi, Grams," I teased, causing her to mutter something underneath her breath. "I am sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"Yes, Kyler, you did, in fact, interrupt something. Now, what do you want?"

"Can you meet me in Between?" I asked, putting one leg through my pants. I pulled the other leg through and started wiggle them up my legs.

There was a pause and a groan from my grandfather as my grandmother moved away from him. "Why? What happened?" she asked. "Who do I need to kill?"

"No one... yet," I replied. I jumped up one last time and pulled the pants on all the way before buttoning and zipping them up. "I do need to talk to you about something?"

"What?"

"Andrei?" My voice was barely a whisper, and I had no idea if she heard me or not. I cleared my throat. "I need to talk to you about Andrei."

There was a pause before she sighed, sadly. "Oh, Dear. I am on my way. What strike are you on?"

"Two," I replied. I grabbed my boots and walked out of the closet to see that Theodore and Tasha were waiting for me. I waved and started to put on my socks and boots, clutching my phone between my shoulder and ear.

"Kyler," Grandma Tabitha warned.

"It's not my fault." I pulled my boot up and started to tie them up. "He was going to give another girl a strike because she spilled tea all over me. It was an accident."

"And, how do you know that it was an accident?" my grandmother mused, causing me to roll my eyes. "Did you use your powers."

"Unfortunately, not. Weston was staring hard at me, and I did not want the other girl to know."

"Have you used your powers?"

"Yes, twice," I replied. "I did once in front of Grandpa Fernos because I accidentally broke his glass."

"Mmhmm, sure," she said, sarcastically. "We both know that it wasn't an accident."

"Ok, besides the point, I used my powers to clean up the mess. I used my powers to clean up the Prophet's mess because one, she needed to give me something, and two, Weston looked like he was about to throw a fit."

"No more powers in front of people, do you understand?" my grandmother asked amused.

"Hey, we both know that I will use them to save someone," I said, causing her to chuckled and Clarissa to scowl. I finished tying up my boots and started to walk towards where I had stored the music box. "I have to go. I have one more person to contact."

"Ok, I will see you when you get to Between. I love you. Never ever forget that even when all seems lost."

I frowned, hating that she was talking in riddles. I grabbed the music box from underneath the nightstand and set it on the floor, making sure that we had enough space to get in and out of it. "I am not even going to ask," I said, causing her to chuckle. "But, I won't."

"Go and call your grandfather." She paused. "Or... text him. Have him meet you at Between."

"Do you know?" I asked.

"A bit, but I can not tell you a thing. It is up to you and Fernos."

I huffed and nodded my head. "Ok. Later."

My grandmother chuckled. "I love you." And with that, she hung the phone.

I scowled out my phone and texted my grandfather to get him to meet me at Between. "Do you need clothes, Clarissa?" I asked. "Or do you want to borrow some of mine?"

"I'll borrow some of yours," she said. "We need to get going before it is too late, and we are stuck here."

I nodded my head and went to my door. I made sure that it was locked before going to my closet for a different bag.

My phone dinged causing me to look at it and purse my lips. "Cromwell is coming," I said, grabbing the bag. "Grandpa Fernos said that he was coming with him."

'Is that good or bad?' Tasha asked when I came into the room and started to pack some clothes for Clarissa.

I shrugged my shoulder. 'Don't know,' I replied. 'But, I guess that we will find out sooner or later. Maybe sooner when he gets there and pisses off Grandma Tabitha by doing something that he shouldn't be doing...'

Tasha snorted. 'Let's hope that he doesn't do that. If he does, then he will surely have to deal with a pissed off woman.'