Chapter 23 (Edited)

"Are you bloody mad?" Theodore asked when we were out of the room. He tried to stop in front of me, but I just went around him. "Kyler."

"Not here," I grunted. I glanced around, hating this place more and more. I hated how afraid this place was of that stupid Alpha and wondered why my mother sent me here. I had no idea if she wanted me to lead a revolt here or not, but I was really wanting to start one.

"Would you stop?" Theodore asked exasperatedly. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop, much to my annoyance. "Kyler, why did you do that for?"

I pulled my arm out of his grasp and bared my teeth at him. "I said not here," I growled out. "I will answer you when we are away from this place."

Theodore opened his mouth to say something else but stopped when I growled out a warning. He bowed his head, and I could hear his heart start to pound in his chest. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he thought I was going to hit him.

I took a deep breath in and let it out. "Sorry," I said, softly. "I am just a little frustrated, right now." I gestured for them to follow me and started to walk towards my room.

Theodore nodded his head and caught up. "So... you are not going to hit me?" he asked, causing me to shake my head. "Will I ever have to worry about you hitting me?"

'Mind link me,' I said, looking down when another pack member passed by us. I ignored the weird look he sent our way, and I was sure he was wondering why Theodore would as if I would hit him.

'Well?' Theodore asked.

'You won't have to worry about me hitting you in frustration,' I replied. 'I might smack you around a bit, but I won't hit hard.'

Theodore relaxed a bit and nodded his head. 'Will you tell me what were you thinking this way?' he asked, letting the frustration show in his voice. He scowled when I shook my head, softly. 'Why not?'

'Because I am planning something,' I replied. 'And, I am trying to cool down before I do bash someone's head into a wall.'

Theodore moved to the other side of Tasha. 'What are you planning?' he asked. 'Or do you want to tell me?'

'I am leaving for a few days,' I said. I glanced at him when he tensed. 'Here, it's going to be like only for a few hours, but where we are headed to, it would count as a few days.'

'Really?' Theodore asked, causing me to subtly nod my head. 'Why did you say 'we'?'

'Well, because I am going to be researching some things, and I am going to be needing your help,' I replied. 'And, Tasha is coming because I don't trust them enough to leave her here by herself.' I glanced at Tasha to see her raise an eyebrow. I nodded my head, indicating that we were going to be leaving and that she needed to pack some clothing.

'So, do I need to pack anything?' he asked, causing me to nod my head. 'Like what?'

'Comfortable clothes,' I replied. 'Clothes that you don't mind getting dirty or torn up.'

'Where are we going exactly?' Theodore ask.

'It's called Between,' I replied. 'Grandma Tabitha and Grandma Whisper made it for us kids one stormy night. We use it when it gets too cold or stormy.'

'That is so cool,' Theodore said. 'How do we get there?'

'Through a music box,' I replied. I glanced around and frowned when I noticed that we were still the only ones out and about. 'I lost count of how many there have been made. If Grandma Tabitha and Grandma Whisper deem it fit, they make someone a new one.'

'When did you get yours?'

I pursed my lips and shrugged my shoulder. 'I don't know,' I replied, honestly. I opened the door to my room and looked in to see that everything was "normal". 'Take Tasha to her room and then get packed up.' I looked at Theodore. 'We will be leaving here in an hour. I need to make some phone calls.'

Theodore nodded his head. 'I'll pick her up and walk to your room,' he said, causing me to shake my head. 'Why not?'

'It's too risky with a bag,' I replied. 'Go through the walls. Make sure that your door is locked.'

'Why?'

I smirked, sadly. 'I think they are going to become suspicious of you. Might as well make them more.'

***

"Joy's Joy. How can I help you?" my cousin said, trying to sound like a girl. "We are having a special sale today. Buy one death and get another one for free."

I rolled my eyes, a smile flickering on my lips. "Hello, Manny," I said, packing up my bag. "Are you free?"

There was a slight pause, and I could feel my cousin's worry. "Hang on," my cousin, Emmanuel, said. There was a sound of running, and I could tell that he was running somewhere. "Ok, I am alone. What's up?" he asked, shutting and locking his door.

"I have a huge favor to ask of you," I said, zipping up my bag. "And, it is kind of important."

There was another pause. "Ok, what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to bring me books on the White Tongue Pack," I said. "Any information will be great."

"White Tongue?" Emmanuel asked, causing me to hum in agreement. "Why?"

"Because I am here," I replied. "And, something strange is going on." I looked at the wall when I heard the door open and saw Clarissa there. I held up one finger, causing her scowl and nod.

There was a pause. "Why are you there?" he asked. "Did Aunt Ry send you?" There was a pause after I grunted. "Pregnant?"

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p'. "And, all hell would break loose if she was here." I nodded for Clarissa to take a seat, causing her nod and sit down.

"How do you want me to get you the information? You are in another country. I am not going to fly all the way there and back."

"I was going to Between," I replied, rolling my eyes. "I am about to start a revolt, but I can't do that just yet."

There was a pause. "Why not? Is it that bad?"

"Very," I replied. "Let's just say that I can't go to your father." I paused. "Have you ever been here before?"

"No," he replied. "Dad is wanting to take me soon because I am turning seventeen. He wants me to start training."

I nodded my head. "Let's keep your father out of this for right now. It is why I called you and not him or your mother."

"Why? Is something wrong?" he asked. Worry filled his voice. "Do I need to call Aunt Ry?"

"I do not know if anything is wrong yet, but, I don't think I need Mom. If I get myself in a pickle, and I can't get out then I will call her."

There was a pause. "Promise?" he asked, his voice soft.

I smiled. I was glad that my cousin knew when I didn't want the parents involved in what I had planned. We both knew that something bad could happen to me, but we knew that I had to figure out whatever on my own first. "Promise."