Chapter 55

A/N: I am sorry for not updating. xD I haven't been in the mood to write. Here is that chapter. Enjoy.

Also, if you have a twitter, go ahead and follow me. My user is RissaleW.

Thanks.

~Rissa

__________________________________________________________________

I was the last one to get out of the box and closed the lid, hiding the secret world behind me. My heart was heavy, for my mother hadn't been able to come back and see me one last time.

She had gotten a call from a pack somewhere in the South Pacific and had to go there to settle some disputes about land or something. She had taken both Keagan and Jonah with her, so they weren't able to visit either.

Dad was busy dealing with some Rogues that decided to become a nuisance to the pack, and my uncles and aunts had to help him with that. He sent his love via my mother and told me to stay out of trouble, which we both knew wasn't going to happen.

My uncles and aunts had gotten busy, too, but they sent their love and egged me to kick names and take ass.

Goddess, my family are just a bunch of geeks and nerds.

Someone touched my elbow, and I looked to my left to see Clarissa there. Her lips were pressed into a thin line, and she studied me with eyes of dark brown.

I gave her a half smile and nodded. I knew that time was slowly running out, time that was left in this place, and time. "I'm ready," I said.

Clarissa pressed her lips closer together and nodded. She did not say a word while she released her grip on my elbow and took a step back.

"Ready for what?" Theodore asked, and I shook my head, no. He huffed but nodded. "Fine," he grumbled. "I won't push."

I nodded and looked around to notice that Tasha, Adam, and Cornelius were not in the room with us. "Wh-" I was about to ask when a piercing scream interrupted me.

My vision turned red as soon as I heard her scream, and my blood started to boil. I sent Clarissa a scathing, 'I will talk to you about this later,' look before I turned around and ran out the room, not caring that I was in pants and a band t-shirt.

Tasha was frantic while she tried to pull away from one of Weston's cronies. Her eyes were wide and filled with tears. Her whole face was pale while she frantically tried to find a way to get away from him.

Cornelius and Adam stood back and watched this happen, but I could tell that they were panicking just as much as me, if not more. They stood like statues, their faces a mask while the spell took effect to make them seem like they were still under Grand's control.

Tasha spotted me, and her face grew paler. She wanted to tell me to leave, but while the crony kept dragging her away, she didn't. All she did was mouth, 'help me,' and boy, did I lose it.

I don't recall what happened next, but the next thing that I remembered was pounding my fists into his face and being satisfied when I heard the unmistakable crunch when I broke his nose.

A loud howl escaped the male's lips, and he tried to push me off, but I would not budge. He tried to cover his face with his hands, but that didn't work either because I kept punching the shit out of him.

Shouts of anger filled the air around me, and a pair of hands grabbed shoulders in which I just shrugged off. Again, someone placed their hands on me, so I turned around and punched them in the stomach before I turned back to the male.

Two people grabbed me, and I didn't attack them as I had with the other. They were Innocents; I could tell, and I was not going to hurt them. They dragged me off of the male, and I started to cuss the shit out of the male that I had beaten, not caring that I was wracking up the number of lashings I would receive while they dragged me away.

"That's strike three!" Weston called out gleefully while he watched me get dragged away. "That is strike three, Miss Pierce. I hope you are ready for your lashings!"

I didn't respond right off the bat because I knew that would be strike three. I let them take me almost all the way before I looked him straight in the eye and said, "fuck you," before they pulled me out of sight of the gleeful Alpha.

***

The two guards placed me in a cell and stood at the doorway. They looked at each other and then at me. Debate filled their eyes, and I knew that they wanted to leave the door unlocked so that I could escape.

I was simmering silently and watched the two of them, still standing. I knew that I could escape from them, but there was someone else here. I could sense their presence, even though they made no sound nor moved a muscle.

Still, the guards stood in place, and they looked conflicted. The guilt chased away the debate, and I knew that they would leave it open if I didn't give them the instruction to do what they were told to do.

"Close the gate and leave," I ordered, my voice barely above a whisper. I nodded and offered them a bitter smile when they looked at me with wide eyes. "I will be fine."

"But, R-"

I shook my head and interrupted him from speaking. "No," I said. "Close the cage door and leave." I gave them a wry smile. "I know what I'm doing." I paused and shrugged my shoulder. "Somewhat."

"He's going to kill you."

I shrugged. "Let him try. He won't be the first one who tried to kill me, and he won't be the last. I'll survive."

The main guard shook his head and set his jaw while he swallowed as if he wanted to swallow back a sob. Pain and conflict filled his eyes, but the pain was more prominent, and I had a feeling that he lost someone to this. "He's going to kill you," he said again. "He will do the maximum number of lashings because you showed a backbone."

"And you kicked his "right hand man's" ass" the other pointed out. "Noah is right. You will die by his hand."

"Dying or not, I have to do this. I can't explain what I mean because I don't know myself, but I know that this has to happen. I can't see the future, but I have a feeling that if this doesn't happen, then lives will be lost." I shrugged. "I know it sounds insane, but it is something that has to happen so I can set the path right."

They looked at each other again and then at me. Slowly they bowed their heads and backed out of the cell before they closed the cell door.

"I hope that you know what you are doing," the male named Noah said. "The R-"

"The Red Wolf will not punish the two of you if that is what you are worried about. She knows enough to know what she could be losing, but she trusts what has been written and what has been set out," I replied, interrupting him. "What you two need to do is to trust us. We know what can happen if things go south."

"You all could die," Noah said.

"Well, ya," I replied and shrugged. "I think that is a given with the territory. That and being turned. However, I can promise you that we will fight until we can't fight any longer. We will not be turned against the innocent."

"You say it like you have powers," Noah pointed out, and I shrugged in response.

"If I do or if I don't is not up for discussion. The less you know, the better, for I am sure that Weston will use whatever in his power to get that out of you." I nodded in the direction of the camera that I wasn't supposed to know about. "You also have to be careful, too."

Their faces grew pale when they looked at the camera and then at me. Fear filled their eyes, and they looked at me and then at the camera. "W-"

"Go and leave. No one knows," I said. "Trust me."

They frowned, looked at each other, and then at me. "Yes, Red Wolf's Daughter," they said in unison and bowed their heads. "Thank you."

And with that, they left, leaving me alone with the mysterious person who hadn't said a word.