Chapter 21 (Edited)

A/N: Yassss I have updated it. \^-^/ 

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins

~Rissa

___________________________________________________________________

I groaned when the sun hit my closed eyes, causing everything to look bright. My whole body ached as if I had been tossed down a cliff with no one there to catch me.

"Ky?" a soft, quivering voice asked, causing my whole body to tense automatically. Someone placed their hand in mine, their touch warm and familiar. "Are you awake? Please, open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and stared at my tearstained sister. "What happened?" I asked, my voice cracking. "Why are you crying?" I sat up, causing my head to pound further.

Tasha shook her head, her bottom lip quivering. "Fernos brought you back to the meeting room with you being unconscious," she said. "He wouldn't tell us what had happened but told Theodore to bring you back here."

I sighed and was about to move my other hand through my hair when I noticed that I was clutching something.

"You had your hand tight over whatever that thing is," Tasha said, noticing me staring at it. "Theodore tried to pry it loose, but you accidentally burnt him.

"How bad?" I asked, looking at her. I pulled her into a hug, not caring about what was in my closed hand. "And, I am safe. I am alive." I placed a kiss on the side of her head, knowing that was what she had needed.

"Not too bad," she replied. "But bad enough that he stopped what he was doing and backed away from you."

I bit back a snort and looked around. I could tell that the shadows were darker in a corner and knew that Grandpa Fernos was watching over us. "I am safe," I said, placing another kiss on the side of her head. "I am sorry for scaring you."

Tasha nodded her head and pulled out of my hug. She wiped her eyes and cleared her throat, probably feeling guilty for crying.

"Hey." I dropped what was in my hand into my lap and placed my hand on her cheek. I studied her, causing her to look down. "It is ok to cry. Don't ever think differently."

Tasha looked down and didn't say a word. She furrowed her brows when she saw the key but didn't reach to pick it up.

I followed her gaze and looked at the key. "That is what I have been hanging on to," I said, letting go of her cheek. I held it up a bit and looked at where I knew my grandfather was watching us. "We're going to have to talk about it later. I'll try to get out of here. You might want to leave before someone senses you."

The shadows disappeared as Grandpa Fernos left, causing a small frown to form on my face.

"Does he know?" Tasha asked, looking back at me.

"Apparently so," I said. I looked at the key again and rubbed the top of the key. "I am so confused about stuff, Tasha," I said. "Mainly about what I am."

She furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?" she asked, causing me to shake my head.

"Not here," I replied. I sighed and pushed back the covers. "Come on. We need to get ready and face the Vanders." I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes. "Do you need help getting back to your room?"

Tasha shook her head. "Clarissa showed me the way to go through the walls," she said. "I just have to make sure that I stay quiet."

I nodded my head. "Go. I'll see you in a bit. Will Theodore be picking us up?"

Tasha nodded her head and stood. "Are you sure you are fine?" she asked, furrowing her brows in concern. "Is anything broken?"

I paused before shaking my head. Nothing was broken and nothing felt out of place. However, I felt... stronger. I felt powerful if that was possible even considering the fact that I was the Red Wolf's daughter. I could feel this power underneath my skin that I wasn't used to, and I didn't know how I felt about it. "I feel... different, a little strange," I said. "But, it isn't bad enough to send for the brigade. Did you tell Mom?"

Tasha nodded her head. "She says to text or call her when you are awake," she said. "I think she wants to know if you are still alive or not."

I nodded and turned towards the nightstand to see my phone on there. "I will text her. Go and get ready. I will see you in a bit."

Tasha hesitated but nodded her head. She gave me a hug before walking to the wall. "Be careful?" she asked, causing me to nod my head. She nodded her head, pressed open the wall, and walked through.

I watched as the wall closed and let out a breath of air. "Goddess," I said, moving a hand through my hair. "Protect her, please. Keep her safe."

  I took another deep breath of air and shook my head before reaching for my phone. After I finished texting my mother that I was safe, I went to the bathroom to take a long needed shower.  

  I had no idea what Grandpa Fernos knew about the Sirans, but I hoped that he could at least help me understand what they do and what they stand for. I was going to need all the help that I could get in order to help those around me.