Chapter 19 (Edited)

(My cat just walked all over me. Ok then. o.o)

And ya, peace out Fluffy Munchkins

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________________

"So, I see that you are the new one," a voice greeted me as soon as the door closed behind me. The thing moved around me, studying me and making me feel slightly uncomfortable. "Pretty, really," it cooed. "But are you worth this?"

I shrugged my shoulder and stuffed my hands into my pocket. I had no idea where or what this thing was, and I couldn't help but pray to the Goddess that I would make it out alive.

"Come now," the thing scolded, reminding me of one of my teachers. "I had asked you a question. I expect an answer."

"You sound like a teacher," I mused, "always wanting an answer even if there was no answer to be given."

The thing chuckled. "There is always an answer," it replied. "You just have to find the right one."

I bit my lip but didn't reply. I had no idea what the thing meant and would rather not speak.

"Hmmmm, you have mixed emotions, don't you?" the thing asked. "A part of you thinks that you are worthy, and yet another part of you thinks that you are not worthy."

I hesitated but nodded my head. "Can I see what you look like?" I asked. "I am thinking that is the reason as to why it is so dark in here."

There was a pause, and I could feel that the thing was hesitant. "You will get scared and try to run," the thing said. "They all do."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "They who?" I asked. "And... I'm more of a fighter than a runner. Blame my mom for that."

There was another pause. "Then, you will attack me," the thing replied. "You will attack me because you wil be afraid of how I look."

I took a deep breath and rubbed my eyes. I was impatient, and I was getting really annoyed. I didn't have time for these... trickery games. All I wanted to do was go back to my sister and try to find out a way to save all of the Innocents that were being beaten by a dictator. "I will not attack you," I said, letting a bit of annoyance fill my voice. "I give you my word."

Again, there was another pause, and I was getting really tired of it, to be honest. "So, you won't attack me?"

I shook my head. "I won't," I promised. I looked to the left and the right, feeling that we were the only people there.

"Then take off your weapon," the thing said. "In your sheath."

I kept my body calm and relaxed, but I was nervous. I had no idea if I would be getting it back, and I prayed that I would.

"You will get it back," the creature promised. "Fae magic and I do not mix well."

I nodded my head and started to take off the belt that held the sheath and dagger. "It might warn some people that I have it off after a certain amount of minutes," I warned. "There might be people trying to find my location."

"Your... grandfather? Is that what you call the Demon King? He will make sure that they aren't worried. And, you still have that... Vampire blood stone on you."

I stayed silent, not even questioning how the creature knew. I was sure the creature knew about the other necklace that was around my neck and had a feeling that the creature wouldn't talk about it.

"Thank you," the creature said when I tossed the dagger to the side. "You may now use your powers to see."

I took a deep breath and nodded. I held my hands out in front of me and created a ball of fire before tossing it into the air.

I watched as the darkness left and left light behind. I heard a clapping sound behind me and turned around.

I had no idea what I was expecting to see, but I sure as hell was not expecting to this... creature.