Chapter 28 (Edited)

After making sure that Clarissa was safely down the ladder, I stepped in and started to make my way down the ladder, making sure to close the door of the music box before that and lock it.

Energy hummed around me as I climbed down the ladder causing the hair on my skin to stand up. The sound of buzzing filled my ears causing me to groan out in annoyance and shake my head.

I hopped off the last bit of the ladder and looked at the three waiting for me. I noticed that both Theodore and Clarissa were holding hands and Tasha was acting as if they were alone."Ready?" I asked, causing Clarissa and Theodore to jump apart and Tasha to look at me.

"Yes, yes, of course," Theodore said. He cleared his throat and moved a hand through his hair. A blush was on his face causing me to smirk.

"You know that you two can hold hands, right?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. "You two are mates."

Theodor didn't answer and looked down. He kicked at the dirt, and I could tell that he was happy that his mate had finally accepted him.

Tasha looked at me and blinked, slowly. 'Do you know if anyone else is here?' she asked, causing me to shrug my shoulder. 'Will we know if we get to the big house?'

'Probably,' I replied. "Come on and let's get going. We have a long way to walk unless..." I looked at Clarissa and grinned.

Clarissa frowned and furrowed her brows. "What?" she asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I need to shift."

Clarissa's frown deepened. Worry filled her eyes, and I could tell that she was comfortable shifting into her wolf form. Or, she didn't have a wolf to begin with because she was the Prophet. Whatever the reason was, Clarissa was hesitant about shifting.

"You can sit on me," Theodore said, looking at her. He gave her a small smile, causing her to give him a hesitant smile.

Clarissa sighed and nodded her head. "Go shift," she said, causing me to instantly shift into Wolf form.

Theodore stared at me in amazement as I stretched out my body, his mouth wide open. "You're as tall as an Alpha," he blurted out, causing me to look at him and grin. "Do we have to worry about clothes tearing?"

I shook my head. 'They will appear back after you shift back into your human form,' I said. I looked at Tasha and watched as she shifted into her wolf form and gave her a wolfish grin.

Tasha smiled and sat down looking at Theodore. Her whole body was relaxed, and I could tell that she was happier being her than with her family and the pack that could have been her home.

I turned to look at Theodore and see him on his back, waiting for Clarissa to get on. I nodded my head to Clarissa when Clarissa looked at me hesitantly and nodded my head.

Clarissa nodded hers and got onto her mate. She held onto the scruff on his neck as he stood and looked around. Her eyes were wide, and I could tell that she was amazed at the beauty of this place.

'Ready?' I asked, causing Theodore to nod his head. I let out a small yip and started to jog towards the main house.

'How are we going to find our way back to this part?' Theodore asked, keeping up with me with Tasha behind us.

'There is this pull that will lead you to it,"' I replied. 'It'll feel like your soul or spirit or something is being pulled into two.'

Theodore was silent. 'Oh,' he said, causing me to snort. 'How far away is this place?' he asked. 'And how are we going to know the time? What if we spend a day here?' He was starting to panic.

'We won't be a staying a day here,' I said. 'Well, a day in England's time. It could get dark here and all, but it could be like an hour there.'

'How will we know?'

'I will show you once we get to the main house,' I said. 'I haven't set the time up yet.'

'Then how will you know the time?' Theodore asked.

I looked at Tasha and raised an eyebrow causing her to nod her head. 'Tasha has set it up,' I said, looking at him. 'I'll make sure that you know later.'

Theodore seemed to relax a little at my answer and nodded his head. He looked around hesitantly, and I could tell that he was worried others would try to find a way in.

'No one from there can find us,' I said, reassuringly. 'Not unless they have gotten permission from me.'

Theodore nodded his head, but I could tell that he wasn't that convinced. Doubt filled his brown eyes, and I knew that it would take a lot more than me saying it wouldn't happen.

'You haven't my grandmother yet,' I mused, talking about Grandma Tabitha. I looked at the way we were going, making sure that I was staying on the right path. 'Once you meet her, then you will know why I say that this place is safe.'

'She didn't know that the King was under a spell,' he pointed out, making me glance at him. 'What? She didn't. If she did, then wouldn't she have done something?'

'She would have, or she didn't know what it was until later. I have some "fresh" food in my bag for her to test, so she can test it when we are there.'

'Fresh food?' Theodore asked, causing me to nod my head. 'How? When?'

I didn't reply but shot him a smirk. My ears flicked in the direction of a rustling sound, but I quickly made sure that I didn't "notice" it.

'What was that?' Theodore asked, looking in that direction. His whole body grew tense, and I could feel his heartbeat pick up.

'What was what?' I asked.

'That noise?'

'I dunno.' I shifted to the side a bit and waited. My whole body was relaxed, but I was ready if something went at me. 'What noise?'

Theodore scowled. 'There was a rustling sound coming from the left. Are you deaf?'

'No, I am not deaf,' I replied. I noticed some movement coming from my right. 'Nor, am I blind.'

The thing creating the movement jumped out at me, causing Theodore to growl out a warning and moved to a halt. The culprit growled out in annoyance when I tripped him and sat on his stomach when his back hit the ground.

I leaned my face forward and grinned, causing him to scowl. 'Hello, Emmanuel,' I said, smoothly. 'Had a nice trip?'