Chapter 43

Emmanuel walked over to me and silently handed me the phone before he walked away, looking nervous and stiff. He didn't say a word while he walked out of the house, and I looked at Grandma Tabitha and jerked my head in the direction he went, asking her to go after him.

She nodded her head and walked after him while I placed the phone to my ear.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What do you want with the Feor Pack?" my uncle demanded without much of a greeting, and I rolled my eyes and scowled because it was unlike him not to greet me before he questioned me. "There is no information there that is worth your while. You should focus your attention o-"

"I focus my attention where I want it to be, Uncle," I said, interrupting him. "That includes any information on packs that I come across."

There was a pause, and my uncle growled. "I don't think that you need the information on them. I will not give it to you and suggest you look somewhere else."

"Is this the spell controlled part of you, or are you actually being a dick right now?" I asked, done with his attitude, even though I hadn't talked with him for a long time.

There was a long pause. "I have no idea what you are talking about," my uncle said. There was some scribbling on the other end of the line, and I could tell that he was writing something, but I didn't know what.

"Un-huh," I said disbelievingly. "Can you put your mate on the phone?"

"Why?" he asked. "You are not going to go behind my back a-"

"Who says anything about going behind your back?" I asked, interrupting him. "I want to talk to her, especially since you had caused your son so much grief."

My uncle paused and sighed before he rubbed his face. "Fine," he said. "She will have the conversation here, and I will be on the line."

"Fine by me," I replied, rolling my eyes. "It's not like I wouldn't have said it to your face."

There was silence on the other end of the line, and I knew that my uncle went to fetch her. Why he didn't link her was a mystery, but it was a mystery that I didn't care about.

The door opened, and Emmanuel and Grandma Tabitha walked in with Emmanuel's eyes red and puffy.

'I think Feor Pack is a trigger word for the controlled him,' I said, through the family link between us. 'Do you think you go there yourself and find any information on them?"

Emmanuel sniffled and nodded, rubbing his nose before he wiped his eyes to make sure that there were no tears left visible. 'Do you think he'll hide it or not?' he asked.

I grimaced and shrugged before I looked at my grandmother. 'Do you think you can do a tracking spell? If it is hidden, I think that will work.'

My grandmother nodded. 'Give me a couple of minutes, and I will get it set up. Next thing you will have to do is prepare for Adam and Cornelious.' She gave me a pointed look, and I knew that she wanted me to come up with how to get them in here so that we could question them.

I pursed my lips but nodded. However, I wasn't able to say a word because my aunt came on the line before I could. "Hey, Aunt Bailey," I said, and my grandmother went to do what I had asked.

"Hey, Niece Kyler," she replied, and I rolled my eyes but smiled. "What can I help you with?" She tried to do something to my uncle but scoffed. "Fucking bitch," she muttered, and an amused smile flickered on my lips. "Lemme sit on your lap."

"No," my uncle said. "I don't want you to sit on my lap and stop cussing. It is unbecoming of a lady, especially a queen."

There was a pause on the other end of the line while my aunt stared at my uncle. "You freak me out sometimes, and this is one of those times."

"I do not know what you mean," my uncle replied. "I am merely acting the way that I always am."

"I-"

"Hey, Aunt Bailey, what does he look like?" I asked, interrupting her. I had been watching my grandmother and noticed how she was pointing to her eyes as if she wanted to see what they looked like before she turned back to what she had been doing with Emmanuel watching her.

"Uhh... hang on." There was mild cussing on the line, but my aunt did what I had said and sent the photo to my phone, and I knew that I would receive it a little later because of the spells surrounding this place. "Done. Where is Manny?"

"He is watching Grandma Tabitha make something. Why? Did you want to talk to him?"

"No," she replied. "I just wanted to make sure that he was still there and didn't go off somewhere. It isn't even lunchtime yet, so he is still free to roam around with you and get into trouble."

I gasped teasingly and looked at my phone when it went ding. I furrowed my brows and pursed my lips when I noticed that he had this glassy look in his eyes, something that was not familiar to me. 'Grams,' I said, and she instantly stopped what I was doing and looked towards me. I held out my phone, and she nodded and walked over to me to take the phone from me. "I do not cause that much trouble, not as much as my mom."

"Un-huh," she said, disbelievingly, and I snickered. "You and your mom both cause trouble. It means that we have to watch out for you because Goddess knows what you can get into if you aren't watched."

I shrugged and grimaced. "Eh," I replied, earning a chuckle from her. "What can you do?"

"Nothing," she replied. "Why did you need a picture of my mate?"

"Reasons that I don't know, yet," I replied. "It's being studied." I raised an eyebrow when my grandmother looked up and saw the worry in her eyes. 'What is it?' I asked.

'Tell her to knock him out and then call you on your phone,' she replied. She handed me my phone back before she finished the spell. 'Tell her that it is urgent.'

"Well, you should know because you are there," my aunt sassed, and I rolled my eyes. "Is it the bitch that is studying it or the latter?"

"Latter," I replied, knowing that she was talking about either my mom or Grandma Tabitha. I nodded, indicating that I understood what my grandmother wanted. "Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Shoot," she replied.

"Can you knock out your mate and then call me on my phone? It's urgent."

"Ok," my aunt said a little too cheerfully. "Bye! Love you!" With that, the phone went dead, and I knew that my aunt did what I had asked her to do and was grateful that she didn't ask any questions.

We didn't have time for her to ask questions, and I didn't even know why my grandmother wanted her to knock him out either.

Hopefully, she would tell us soon.