Chapter 48

The dark cloud zoomed towards me at full speed, growing thinner as if it was to enter my heart. It stopped a foot away from me as if it had hit a wall and turned in another direction to try again.

I watched the dark cloud, my heart pounding in my chest. My whole body was tense and I focused on that instead of the others, calling my name, telling me to run and to leave this clouds view. However, I stayed put, needing to know what this was and having a feeling that I was going to face this soon.

The urge to grab my dagger, the one that I didn't have on me, filled my body, but I couldn't because it wasn't there. Instead, I gripped my hands into fists while I waited for the cloud to do something, to break through the wall that seemed to surround me.

The cloud stopped in front of me again and grew larger until it looked like the size of a thunder cloud, and in a way it did. The cloud was a very dark gray while it grew and grew, and flashes of red were seen through some of the clouds as if it was lightning.

Dark magic and power filled space around me, but I didn't care while I waited for this cloud to do something, not knowing what. The sky grew darker and darker while the cloud grew as if it was taking the light away from us and not only the light but the hope that we had.

My family and the others that were gathered around us grew silent and looked grief stricken while they stared at the cloud. Their faces were grave, and I had no idea what they were thinking, but I had a feeling that it wasn't good.

However, I didn't feel like that while I stared at the cloud before me, studying it and trying to find a way to save the hope that my family was slowly losing. I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head while I studied the cloud, having a feeling that it would answer if I asked, so I asked: "what the hell are you supposed to be?"

The cloud chuckled and shifted to the side, and I followed it, waiting for it to do something. "Your worst nightmare," it said.

I cocked my head and furrowed my brows. "Voldemort?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or something like him?" I shrugged. "If not, then no, you aren't my worst nightmare." I stuffed my hands into my pockets. "Try again."

"I am something more powerful than this... Voldemort," it replied. "No matter how much your puny mortal brain can comprehend?"

I raised my eyebrow higher and scowled while I placed my hands on my hips and jutted my hip. "Puny?" I asked, and if the thing had a head, then it would've nodded. "Do you seriously think that my brain is puny?"

"Compared to mine, yes," it replied.

"If your brain is so big, then you would've figured a way to make it inside this bubble that seems to surround me," I said. "However, you are still out of it, and you can't do anything to me."

"But, I know what you are."

I raised an eyebrow. "And that is..? What?" I took a step forward, and the cloud hissed and moved back. "What am I?" I asked.

"The Siran," it replied. "However, you don't seem to have your dagger on you. Didn't they tell you that it was important to keep it on you?" It gestured to my grandfather and his half brother, and I glanced at them before I looked at this cloud.

"Are you this Grand person?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, not answering its "question" about me having my other dagger on me or not. I gestured to the cloud before me. "Or a part of him?"

The cloud chuckled and formed itself into a man. The male was a shadowy figure of his former self, hidden view. There were no human characteristics that I could see, the eye and hair color a dark gray because that was the color of the cloud. It, well he, stood at six foot five and was slim. He didn't look to have a muscle on him, but I knew that looks could be deceiving, especially since he was only a shadowy figure of his former self.