Chapter 51

A/N: Soooo I screwed up and missed this chapter when I was updating. xD Thank you to @deejay795 for checking on this story and seeing that what I had said in one chapter was the same as the one in the last.

So, ya here is that missing part. I am sorry for any confusion.

~Rissa

Note: I did delete chapters 51-53 so that I could fix this, so... ya. xD I thought it'd be easier.

________________________________________________________________________________

Grandpa Fernos growled in anger when he said that. His whole body grew tense, and his teeth slowly protruded from underneath his top lip, and he hissed. Anger and fury filled his eyes, and they slowly started to turn red while he slammed his hands on the table, and everyone, except for me, flinched back and away from him.

He stood, his chair flying back and into the wall behind it. His eyes were trained on me, and he gritted his teeth in anger. "Y-"

"We are going back," I said, interrupting him. I knew that he was losing control and knew that he needed to get away from the others before he did. "Come on." I stood and gave him a look that warned him not to argue with me. "Cromwell, you're coming too."

"Don't go too far," Grandma Tabitha warned when Cromwell stood to follow both me and his brother to wherever we were going to go. "If y-"

"I know," I said, interrupting her. I flashed her a smirk, and she scowled, but there was a small hint of a smile on her lips. "This isn't the first time this has happened." I looked at Cornelius and Adam, growing serious. "We'll talk more later," I said. "Right now, I need to get him calmed down before he destroys the place again." I nodded my head to the hissing male, who was trying but failing to calm himself down.

"Be safe," Adam warned. He glanced at Fernos warily and then looked at me. The Alpha set his jaw and studied me before he cleared his throat. "I-"

"He won't hurt me," I said, knowing full well that even at this stage, my grandfather wouldn't hurt me. I smiled at him before I looked to see my grandfather staring at me with his eyes turning red.

He wanted to be stubborn; I could tell. He wanted to stay and let out his feral side in front of the Alpha and Beta, but he knew that I wouldn't allow him to because I knew that he would feel guilty about scaring them later. So all he did was hiss before he walked out of the house, and Cromwell and I followed him.

I watched my grandfather's back while we quickly walked to the place that he went to when he was here and saw him shaking. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and watched while part of his shirt started to rip while he grew taller. "Hold on, Grandpa Fernos," I warned. "We're almost there."

Grandpa Fernos didn't look at me but hissed a warning, and I rolled my eyes and scowled. I didn't need to look at him to know that he had closed his eyes and gritted his teeth while he tried to hold onto the sane part of his mind instead of letting the feral side take over. Finally, he let out a small breath and relaxed slightly when his other side stopped fighting for a bit.

"How do you know how to keep him calm like this?" Cromwell asked, his voice only loud enough for me to hear and not my grandfather. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he was nervous for his brother. "He should be blowing up by now and be feral."

I shrugged. "I've always been able to," I mumbled, and I glanced at him from the corner of my eye to see that he was staring at me. I raised an eyebrow in question, silently wondering why he was staring at me. "What?"

Cromwell shook his head, and a small smile appeared on his lips. "You amaze me sometimes is all," he said. He cleared his throat and turned to look at Grandpa Fernos to make sure that he was still sane. "When was the first time you saw him like this?" he asked, changing the subject.

I shrugged again and grimaced, deciding to let his comment slide for now, even though I was curious as to how I amazed him with the simple fact of being able to calm down my grandfather. "I was around eight or nine," I replied. I furrowed my brows and bit my lip while I tried to think of what happened. "Something bad had happened, and it sent him off the deep end. I was alone with him when it happened, so I screamed bloody murder and threw a brick at his head."

"What?" Cromwell asked, incredulous. He stared at me with wide eyes and an open mouth, studying me with newfound respect that I didn't understand. "And you aren't dead?"

I shook my head and smiled, reminiscing about the first time that I saw his true form. "He hissed and lunged at me after that, but he stopped when I raised my hand to stop him from coming any closer. Told him to kneel and dared him to not do what I told him to do."

"Did he?" Cromwell asked, and I nodded in confirmation. He furrowed his brows and cocked his head while he studied me from the corner of his eye. Curiosity filled his eyes, and I was sure that he wondered everything that happened between my grandfather and me. "What happened next?"

"I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him. He stilled before he hugged me back just as tight if not tighter than me."

"Why?"

I shrugged. "Don't know. It was as if I was compelled to do it. That's how I learned that I could calm him down when he is in one of his moods."

"Then why aren't you doing it now?"

"Because he needs to let that side out every once in awhile, and this is as good as any." I cleared my throat and shrugged. "I have you with me because you're butt's going to make sure that I don't get hit by something on accident while he tears up the area that we will be in." I shrugged again and grimaced, feeling exhausted, even though I hadn't really done anything. "I am too tired to dodge anything anyway."