Chapter 6 (Edited)

"Good morning, Birthday Girl," my dad said as I walked down the stairs and into the dining room. He smirked at me when I rolled my eyes and took a sip of his coffee. "Your eyes will stop in the back of your head if you keep doing that," he said.

I shook my head and kissed my dad's cheek. "Morning, Dad," I said, before walking to my seat.

"Hey," my eight year old brother, Kristopher, complained, scowling at me. "What was that for?" He moved his hands through his blonde hair to fix it.

"No reason," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "You were just there, and I felt like doing it." I sat down in my seat and was greeted by a plate of steaming food and a plateful of bacon. "Thanks, Mom," I said, causing her to ruffle my hair.

"Why does she get more bacon?" Kristopher asked, scowling. He glared at my plate, his bacon nowhere to be seen.

"Because, I am the oldest," I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Well, if we want to that, then I am the oldest," Keagen said, coming into the dining room followed by his mate. "Does that mean I get to have your bacon?"

"Touch it, and you die," I replied. I flicked my hand to show some fire before putting it out. A smirk appeared on my face when he cleared his throat and looked away, looking rather nervous.

"Never mind," he said, causing my best friend to snicker. He looked at her with a mock rage expression, causing her to laugh. A small smile appeared on his face, and I couldn't help but feel a small twinge of jealousy. "Willa, why are you laughing at this?" he asked. "I thought you loved me."

"Down, Wolfers," Willa said with a laugh. She walked over to me and sat down in my lap. "I tolerate you, not love," she said, teasingly. She pecked my cheek, causing me to make a face. "I love Ky."

"Awww," I said, pulling my best friend closer to me. "I love you, too. We should just elope and run away from mates."

"Does that mean..." Willa tried to reach for my bacon but stopped when I held her hand. "Sorry, Keagen, I tried," she said, hopping of my lap and going over to my brother. She pecked his lips, causing me to wiggle my eyebrows. Willa looked away and cleared her throat, blushing.

"So, you two didn't take that much time to get mated," I teased, causing them to look down. I glanced at my best friend, smirking. "Was he still small?"

"How would you know his size?" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow. He smirked and I could tell that he already knew what had happened.

I stuffed my face full of food and raised an eyebrow. It was a funny secret, but a secret nonetheless, and I wasn't going to be the one that spilt the beans. "Wha-..?" I asked, pointing to my mouth. "My mouth is full." Some food fell out of my mouth and onto my plate, causing Kristopher to "gag".

Dad shook his head, and drank some coffee, chuckling. "You are crazy," he said, causing me to shrug my shoulder. "But I know who she got it from," he added when Mom walked into the dining room followed by Tasha, Andrei, and Grandpa Vulcan.

"Yes, you," Mom replied. She gestured to the Willa and Keagen. "Sit and eat. I am sure that both of you are hungry."

I took a sip of my drink and finished what I had stuffed in my mouth. "Ya, I am sure they were up all night making babies."

"Ya, like you weren't up all night making babies," Keagen shot back, causing me to stiffen. "I mean, I didn't see you at the party for the rest of the evening."

My heart broke again, and I looked away from him. I didn't dare look at Andrei, because it was still too soon. I glanced at Tasha, ignoring Keagen's stare, as he tried to figure out what I was hiding. "I'm going with you to England," I said. I pushed the plate away from me, bacon still sitting there. "I am ready when you are." I cleared my throat and stood. "I'm going to make sure that I have everything packed. Excuse me." I nodded my head before leaving the dining room and started making the long trek to my bedroom.

"Kyler?" my brother called after. "Kyler?"

"Leave them be," I heard my dad say, and I knew that Andrei had followed me out of the dining room. "Leave them be."

***

"Kyler," Andrei called after me. "Kyler, wait," he called again. He cussed and grabbed me, pulling me to a stop. Annoyance filled his eyes as he looked at me, his lips pursed. "Damn it, Woman, don't you listen?" he seethed.

I wrenched myself from his grasp and glared at him. "Don't you know female language?" I seethed. "If a female is ignoring you, you don't follow." I folded my arms across my chest and glared up at him.

Andrei was too close to me, and all I wanted to do was kiss him. Lust filled his eyes but then they turned to disgust. He turned his head away from me and placed his hand in his pocket. "Here," he grunted, thrusting something at me. "Happy birthday."

Confusion filled my body as I saw the heart shaped necklace in his hand. Hesitantly, I took it from him, a part of me still believing that he wouldn't hurt me. Our hands touched for the briefest second, sparks going up both of our arms.

Andrei shivered and took a step back, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I was going to give it to you yesterday."

"Before or after you rejected me?" I asked, causing him to flinch. I stuffed it in my pocket and cleared my throat. "Thanks, I guess," I added, my voice void of emotion.

Silence filled the space between us, and it wasn't comforting. Both of us wanted to say something, do something, but neither of us did. Both of us were probably longing for the other to talk, but I was sure that neither of us wanted to say what we were really thinking.

"So..." Andrei said, rubbing the back of his head. "England..."

I nodded my head and shifted on my feet. "Ya," I said, clearing my throat. I bit my lip and cocked my head, watching him.

Andrei's eyes went to my lips before he looked up at me. "Why?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. I need to get away from this place, from you, I thought, I need to see the world and see who I am, because I have no idea as to who I am or who I am meant to be.

"Kyler?" Andrei asked after I didn't tell him for some time. Worry filled his eyes, but he made no move to be near me.

"Mom's rubbing her belly, again," I said, shrugging my shoulder. I didn't tell him the other reasons, because I was sure that he would just laugh at me.

Andrei nodded his head, not needing me to explain further. "But, why you? You can't fight."

I raised an eyebrow and walked over to him. "I can't?" I asked, stopping in front of him. I lifted my head so that I was looking him in the eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked, cocking my head.

Andrei gulped and nodded his head. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he was fighting himself from doing something.

I placed my hands on his chest and moved them until they were wrapped behind his neck. My heart ached when he didn't put his arms around me, but I ignored it. "Are you really sure?" I asker, looking up at him through my eyelashes.

"Yes," Andrei said, his tone breathless.

I bit back a smirk and kneed him in the jewels. After that, I punched him in the nose, ignoring the sudden pain in mien and dropped kicked his ass to the ground. "I am the daughter of the Red Wolf. I know how to fight, asshole." I kicked him in the side, not hard, before walking away from him.

He didn't know who he was messing with. And, unfortunately, neither did I...