Chapter 5 (Edited)

"Is it because you are pregnant, again?" I asked, causing the female to raise an eyebrow. I bit back a knowing smirk, because she knew that she was caught red handed. "Don't give me that look. You have your hand on your stomach again."

An amused smile flickered onto her face, and she cocked her head. "Oh?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She glanced at Grandpa Vulcan, and he didn't seem surprised that I was able to guess she was pregnant.

I nodded my head. "So, is it?"

"That is one reason," she said, glancing at me. "Another reason is because Tasha has decided to actually see her biological family in England."

I pursed my lips as I thought about my almost eighteen year old sister. Worry filled my body because I knew that that was a difficult choice for her. "Is she sure?" I asked, talking about the other times she was certain but didn't do it.

"You know her," Mom said, shrugging her shoulder. She pursed her lips and worry flashed through her eyes. She knew in better detail what had happened to Tasha but wouldn't tell us because she promised her not to. "You are the one that gets along well with her more often than not."

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. It was true that I got along well with Tasha. Then again, I got along well with all of my siblings. Keagen was my favorite, of course.

Mom grew serious as she studied me. "I don't want you to hurt yourself, Kyler Rose," she said, causing me to duck my head. She sighed, and I could feel a wave of grief washing over her. "You are too good at hiding your feelings, but you aren't good enough to hide them from me."

My mouth went dry when she said that. I didn't know that she knew of the struggles that I was facing, the thoughts that filled my mind, telling me that I wasn't good enough that I wouldn't be a good Luna or Queen. "I... um..."

Mom held her hand, silencing me. "I know," she said, softly. She chuckled, coldly and shook her head. "You are my daughter. I shouldn't be surprised that you got my insecurities, as well."

I nodded my head. "I just want to feel..."

"Like you are needed, even though I count on you and your brother to help with your brothers and sisters."

"Well, it's not my fault that you have 20 kids, almost all of them being twins, triplets, and a couple of quadruplets. Please tell me that you are having one Pup. Kelsey and Kollin are still babies."

Mom smirked. "Hey, it's not my fault that your father is delicious." She chuckled as she caught the disgusted look on my face. Her face grew serious. "That is one reason as to why I want you to go with your sister. She is going to need you."

"What is the other reason?" I asked. I caught the look that she gave Grandpa Vulcan and saw that he shook his head. Annoyance filled my body, because I knew that that meant they wouldn't tell me.

"That... you will have to find out by yourself." She walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. "You are lovedm and you are wanted. Never think differently." She kissed the side of my head before backing up. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to find Andrei and kick his ass for hurting my daughter." She smirked when Grandpa Vulcan hissed and walked out of my room.

Grandpa Vulcan watched after her and shook his head. His gaze softened, and I could tell that he cared about her like his own daughter. He turned his gaze to me, and I could see the same look in his eyes. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, something he wasn't used to giving.

I hugged him tight and took a deep breath. I knew that I would be able to count on him and Grandpa Fernos if I ever needed them. I knew that they would be there in a second if I called upon them.

"Mă bucur să aibă o fiică ca tine (I am glad to have a daughter like you,)" he said, kissing my forehead. "Vă va face o mare regină. (You will make a great queen)." He took a step back and cleared his throat, before handing me a red crystal. "You do know what this is, right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I hesitated and took the crystal from him. "Ya," I said. "It's... a crystal of your blood. If I am in trouble, I can think of you and you'll come."

Grandpa Vulcan nodded his head. "Get some sleep. You will need it. I will be driving you and Natasha to the airport tomorrow. Good night." With that, he made his way to the door but stopped with his hand on the door. "Just... wait. There are things that Andrei is going through right now. He does love you. Know that he will not cheat on you unless he has a reason to."

I pursed my lips, hating the fact that Mom and Grandpa Vulcan are hiding something from me. I didn't say a word, causing Grandpa Vulcan to jod his head and leave.

I stayed in my spot before I shook my head. I had no idea what they were hiding, but I was going to find out. I didn't care if I had to dig up stuff that were better left untouched.

If I could help Andrei and my family, then I was going to do it. Let's just hope, I wouldn't lose my life because of it...