Chapter 13 (Edited)

"How hard do you think it will be to keep your mouth shut?" my Uncle asked as I moved around the room, putting the small trinkets I had brought with me as well as the clothes.

"Mom, do you want to answer that?" I asked, hanging the skirts in the closet.

"It would be like asking her to stop breathing," Mom said. "It will be very difficult for her."

"And, it doesn't help that he hates my guts already." I finished putting the last skirt up, thankful that Grandma Tabitha had given me a bag that she could put stuff in and I can take it out from a separate bag. I was able to think up other stuff which I was grateful for.

"How so?" Uncle Maverick asked as I sat down on the bed and placed the laptop on my lap.

"He wants me to call him and his mate "Your Majesties"."

"Oh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "What did you say?"

"Did you say piss off and that he wasn't your uncle?" Mom asked, causing me to shake my head. "Awww. Why not?"

"I am not allowed to say "Uncle" Maverick because he isn't my uncle by blood," I replied. "I am supposed to say King Maverick."

"But... he is your uncle," Mom said. "Family isn't always based on if you are blood-related or not."

"To them, it is," I replied. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "They don't like me calling Tasha my sister."

"But... she is," Mom said. She growled, her eyes flashing red. "I adopted her."

"We know, Mom," I said. "Both of us were there."

'We are near your door. Can we come in?' Tasha asked, linking me.

'Ya, who is "we"?'

"It doesn't give them the right to deny me of raising my child," Mom said. "I mean, she is my daughter."

I looked up when the door opened to see both Tasha and Theodore standing there. "I know," I replied. "And, I will call Tasha my sister."

"Who walked in?" Uncle Maverick asked. "I want you to lock your doors."

"It is not the nighttime," I whined. "And, I have my dagger."

"That didn't answer your uncle's question," Mom teased. "But, I do agree with locking your door and windows at night. Tell your sister that."

I looked at my sister, smirking. "Mom wants you to lock your door and windows at night," I said, nodding for them to come over.

"I am guessing it is your sister," Mom said, causing me to nod my head.

"And, Theodore," I replied. "Oh, I told him that he is not my king and that I will not bow to someone that is not a higher rank than me. I will only bow down to my king and call him "Your Majesty"."

"Does she really bow down?" Theodore asked my uncle as he sat down on my "bed" with Tasha on my other side.

"When she wants to be a pain in the ass," Uncle Maverick said. He scowled, causing me to grin innocently. "And, that is all the time."

I shrugged my shoulder. "You'll miss it if you come over here now," I said. "A female should only talk when asked to. They should be seen, not heard."

Uncle Maverick shifted in his seat. There was a thoughtful look in his eyes, and I could tell that he was wondering why he has never seen this. "What other rules are there?"

"As well as the punishment for breaking them," Mom added.

"The punishment for breaking the rules are lashings," I said, causing both adults to growl protectively.