Chapter 1

You walk through your hometown in Ohio, searching for a job. Everywhere you turned, you had no luck. Even after four years of college and a bachelor's degree in editing and digital graphics, no one wanted to hire you for "lack of job experience." You go home to your four bedroom home, defeated.

*bing*

Your phone went off as you walked through the door. You look to see a video update from your favorite gaming channel, Smosh Games. It was another episode of Grand Theft Smosh. You decide to head up to your bedroom and watch it, giggling at your phone screen as Lasercorn planted yet another sticky bomb onto Jovenshire's back and detonating it.

"YOU MOTHERF*beep*ER!" Your speakers yell from your phone, "WHY THE F*beep* WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Officer Corn does not have to answer your silly questions." Lasercorn paused, "I am the law." He said in his usual 'Officer Corn' voice. You could hear Mari, Sohinki, and Wes laugh in the background, causing you to laugh as well.

"(Y/n)! Supper is ready!" Your mother yelled from the kitchen downstairs. You make your way to the kitchen, tripping on the stairs on the way down, landing face first on the floor below.

"Uhhh... sis?" Your older sister questioned.

"Just checking the gravity." You said, straining your voice through the pain, "Yup. It's good." You grunt as your sister picks you up off the floor.

"You need to be more careful," She laughed, "There are better ways then body slamming the ground to make sure gravity is still intact." You both started laughing, you rubbed your now bruised ribcage.

"That sounded like it hurt." Your older brother said as you walked into the kitchen. You were the middle child of five. Yep. You heard me. Five.

You had two brothers and two sisters. One of each was younger or older than you. The oldest was your brother Tommy, then the second child, Tiffany, then you being the third, then there was Victoria and the youngest, Zyler. Tommy was 27, Tiffany was 25, you are 21, Victoria was 19 and little Zyler was 16. Not everyone lived with your parents, only you, Victoria, and Zyler. Tommy lived in LA while Tiffany lived somewhere in West Virginia, both because of business. Tommy has a wife named Rhonie, Tiffany has a boyfriend named Zach. Victoria is engaged to her girlfriend Annabelle, and Zyler has a girlfriend named Chloe. And, sadly, you are the only one still single. Of course, you dated in college, but nothing to be proud of.

Your family was in town to celebrate your graduation from college. There was a large dinner set on the table as well as a cake that read "Congratulations, (Y/n)!" With a little diploma and graduation cap. The cake itself was (Dream/College/Color) and the trim was its accent. There was a large emblem on the upper left-hand corner.

"No. It didn't hurt at all." You said, your voice laced with sarcasm. You both laughed to each other as you sat at the end of the table across from your father, James. Your mother, Lily, came up behind you and threw her arms around you, causing you to jump from both being surprised and the pain it caused your chest.

"WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, (Y/N)!" She almost yelled in your ear before letting out a small whine, indicating that she had begun to cry.

"Mom, it's okay," Victoria said, comforting her.

"Y-Yeah. I'm just so proud of my girl." She said. No one got offended because they knew how rough you had it while growing up from bullying to problems with distant family, but that's a story for another time.

"Alright, let's dig in!" Your father announced. You all had taken your places around the table and began filling your plates, passing the separate choices of food around the table so everyone could have some. You, however, barely ate. You were still bummed that you had yet to get a job.