Chapter 23

You packed your little MVP trophy into your bag as the other girls in the cabin gossiped about what they would do once they got back to their homes in LA. All you could think about was just getting home in the first place and finally being able to cook yourself a nice meal and not have to eat the nasty meals they served here morning, noon, and night.

"I can't wait to get home and eat some (f/f)." You commented to the rest of the group. Everyone agreed.

"Wait, I thought you and Wes were going to Comic Con," Mari commented. You nodded.

"Yeah, but luckily we have more time between when we have to start getting ready and when we have to leave than we thought we would." You smiled as you finished packing your bag, your ankle already beginning to feel better after yesterday. You couldn't wait until Comic Con. You were excited to show off your costume making skills to everyone who would be there. You had been to something similar to Comic Con once before. You had dressed up as (Your/Choice) and received a ton of compliments. You loved the attention, more than you originally thought you would, which in turn boosted your confidence.

"Well, I hope you guys have fun!" Mari said as she walked out the door towards the bus with Courtney, Olivia, and Boze close behind her. You waited behind, as Wes had requested a few hours previous. You heard a knock at the door and you opened it without looking to see Shanye standing in the doorway.

"Hey, (Y/n)... can I talk to you about something?" You gulped, knowing that Wes would be coming any minute. You nodded your head, standing in the doorway just close enough to Shanye to where you could hear his whispers.

"Yeah, what's up?" You said, leaning against the door frame and crossing your arms over your chest. Shanye scratched the back of his neck, nervously.

"I've been texting this girl," You instantly breathe a silent, subconscious, sigh of relief, "and I kind of found her through your Instagram..." He said, nervous once again. You looked at him confused.

"So you stalked my profile and found someone cute and decided to text them?" You asked, slightly confused. He nodded his head, weakly.

"And, well, her name is Autumn." You almost start laughing, realizing who he was talking about. Autumn was your roommate in college and the two of you ended up becoming best friends by the end of the first semester. The two of you even rushed a sorority together, and ended up becoming the only two pledges and, of course, ended up joining for the rest of your college career. She used to fangirl over Shanye all the time when you would watch Smosh videos in your dorm before you moved to the sorority house your Sophomore year. "What's so funny?" Shanye says, noticing your grin.

"It's not funny, really," You reassure him, "More ironic than anything else. She was my roommate back in college and she used to be obsessed with you. How long have you two been texting?" Shanye went into deep thought for a second and pulled out his phone. You looked at his phone screen as he scrolled through their messages. They talked about her moving to LA soon for a veterinary job that she was offered out there and living with him.

"Wow, Shanye. So a while." You said, sounding slightly disappointed. Not because she was happy or anything or because Shanye thought she was pretty enough to text her first, but because this wasn't the first time you had to be someone's wingman for Autumn. You pulled out your phone and texted her, asking how she was the past few months with her temp job over in Montana. Due to both of your busy schedules you never got time to text or call each other. You put your phone back in your pocket and continued your conversation with Shanye.

"Well, its kind of a stupid question that I could have asked her myself but... do you know her favorite kind of flower?" He said. 'Random question.' You thought to yourself but answered anyway.

"She loved white roses back in college. Her old boyfriend got her one or two every week until they broke up. It turned out that he gave her a rose every time he cheated on her, though. She didn't mind, of course, because she cheated on him all the time. It was more of an entitlement relationship if you know what I mean." You rambled. Shanye looked at the ground, seeming a little bummed out, "But hey, that was like... 5-6 years ago. So don't lose hope yet. I'll ask her if you want me to." He looked back up at you, the sparkle in his eye returning.

"You will?!" He said in a high pitched voice, smiling.

"Yeah, you're one of my best friends, Shayne." He hugged you and skipped away. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket and you took it out, looking at the screen. Autumn had texted you back.

"I've been amazing! You remember Shanye from that youtube channel we use to watch in college?? Well, let's just say my best friend got me a hookup!! He's super sweet and I actually want to start a life with him, you know?" Typical Autumn. She knew how to pick 'em, all right.

"That's great!! Well, random question, what's your favorite type of flower??" You texted back, she answered almost immediately.

"More recently it's been tulips. I love the yellow ones. Why?" You quickly thought of an excuse.

"Well, I might be coming to visit you soon and wanted to bring flowers! Still live in the same apartment?" You asked, quickly covering your tracks.

"Yeah, but hopefully soon I'll be living in LA with Shanye. God, b... I think I love this boy." You've never heard her say she legitimately loved someone unless it was you or her parents.

"Well, I hope everything goes well. I gtg, love ya girl!!"

"Love you too!! Text me more often!" And with that, your conversation was over. You texted Shanye the news on the flowers and he thanked you. You looked up from your phone to see Wes standing in front of you.

"I spaced out, didn't I?" You asked, your face getting slightly dusted with pink.

"Yep, but it's fine. You ready for Comic Con??" He said, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. You nodded and smiled excitedly, approaching the bus. Wes threw yours and his bags in the bottom compartment and you both climbed aboard, sitting in the same seat that you had before with Wes beside you.

-

You arrived back at the office in what felt like no time because, of course, you slept again. You woke up to Wes' fingers intertwined with your own and your head resting on his shoulder. You lifted your head up to look at him and he smiled at you, you smiled back.

"Alright, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and we all look forward to winter games!" Matt Rhab said as he stood at the front of the bus. Everyone yelled in excitement as they piled off of the bus and got their bags. Everyone exchanged hugs and goodbyes. You and Wes made your way to his car with your bags and climbed in, heading towards the house. Joven had decided to go to Mari's house and play some games with her and her boyfriend Peter, with his permission of course.

Once you made it back to the house you grabbed your cosplay bag and rushed in the house and made it to Wes' room so you could get dressed before he did. You quickly put on the black body suit and armor to test the fit. You looked at yourself in the full body mirror Wes had in the corner of his room and examined the handyman's work. You smiled to yourself as you slid the armor back off so you could do your makeup and hair. You did two quick Dutch braids so your (h/c) hair wouldn't pop out underneath of the Red wig and blonde wig cap. You tied them off and slid the wig cap on your head, starting on the very simple makeup look. Once finished, you slid the red wig and armor back on. You heard a knock at the door.

"(Y/n), you ready to go?" Wes called from the other side of the door.

"Yeah! Just a few more minutes!" You yelled back. You looked at yourself one last time before grabbing your sword and heading to the door. You slid it open and revealed Wes wearing a Natzu Dragneel cosplay.

"Did you see what my cosplay was?" You asked him. He looked at you and smiled.

"Who do you think signed off for the armor when it got here? Joven?" He asked, causing you to laugh. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close to him. You rested your hands on his bare chest and looked up at him, smiling. He bent down and kissed your forehead.

"I love you, (Y/n)." You smiled and looked down at your hands, quickly looking back up at him.

"I love you too, Wesley."