Chapter 26

You smiled to the camera as the crew set everything up. You and Ian were preparing for the announcement video when you got a call from Wes. You stepped off set and answered.

"Hey baby, I've got great news!" You said excitedly into the phone.

"I heard! I'm so proud of you!" His raspy voice came through the phone and you could hear a little cough.

"How are you feeling? Do you want me to bring you anything on my way home?" You asked, now concerned with his health.

"Yeah, I was actually going to call and ask when you got off because I was getting lonely." He said, sounding slightly disappointed. You smiled.

"I'll be home as soon as I can. I just have to film this video with Ian so we can get it up by next Wednesday." You said looking at the calendar in front of you. It was currently Friday, one of the busiest week days for everyone to get final touches done on videos for the weekend.

"Okay. I love you. Be safe." Wes said as you heard some rustling. You assumed he was still in bed.

"I love you too." You said as you pressed the red end call button.

"Alright, you ready now, (Y/n)?" Ian asked as you walked back on set.

"Yeah." You smiled and nodded as you looked into the camera.

"3...2...1!" Tanner pointed to Ian as he started off the video.

"Hello everyone! We had a few quick and exciting announcements for you guys! The first one, however is a little saddening and it's that my other half, Anthony Padilla, has unfortunately left us. As sad as we are about it we know he is leaving to do bigger and better things and we would all like to wish him good luck. Now, for our second announcement, which you can probably assume by the title, we have a new second face to the Smosh company. Anthony and I have both been thinking about it and the rest of the crew agrees that miss (Y/n) (L/n) would be perfect for the 'role' of my new second half." Ian looked over to you as to cue you. You began talking.

"Thank you so much Ian! I promise to do whatever it takes to make you guys, the fans, happy. I understand most of you guys won't be happy about the change, and I understand that completely. As a previous fan of the channel myself I was heartbroken to find out that Anthony would be leaving, but to have the opportunity to be able to make hundreds of thousands of people smile and laugh everyday like Ian and Anthony use to do for me, I am really honored to have that chance and I couldn't have done it without these wonderful people here at Smosh." You smiled and looked over to Ian who smiled back at you.

"Well, that's about it for today. I hope everyone is happy with our decision and hope everyone loves (Y/n) as much as we do!" Ian ended his sentence as the cameras were cut.

"You did good! Are you excited?" Ian asked. You nodded.

"I'm stoked! I'm kind of nervous for what the fans will think though." You admitted as you looked down to the ground and cracked your knuckles nervously. You weren't sure why, because you've never done it before. Must be a new tick.

"You'll do great, (Y/n). The first week will feel like normal, then I'll start pulling you into the more difficult work." Ian said as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, pulling you into a comfortable side hug.

"Thanks Ian. Now I should probably get back home. Wes is really sick." You said, showing your concern for him. Ian let go of you.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. See you tomorrow!" And with that Ian raced out the door.

'I wonder what that was about...' You thought to yourself. You just shrugged it off and made your way back into the office with the rest of the Smosh Games crew.

"Congratulations, (Y/n)!" Everyone yelled as soon as you walked through the doors. A large smile spread across your face as you were greeted by everyone. Boze ran up to you and pulled you into a hug. You hugged her back.

"So you heard the news?" You said, half sarcastically. Everyone laughed.

"Of course we did!!" Courtney said walking up to you and hugging you next.

"Well thank you guys. I'm honestly super excited but nervous. What if the fans don't like me? Or don't like the idea?" You asked, concern covering your entire face.

"Who do you think we got the idea from?" Ian said, walking up behind you. Your jaw dropped.

"Wait, seriously?!" A large grin formed on your face as you turned around and faced Ian.

"Yeah. Well, of course we've been thinking about it for a while but I was reading the comments on the summer games videos and the fans seem to absolutely love you!" As Ian finished his sentence your jaw dropped. You jumped and hugged him tightly.

"I'm so excited!!!" You yelled as you let go of Ian. Everyone laughed at your excitement.

"Go ahead and go home. Wes probably wants to celebrate with you too." Boss said with a wink. Your face instantly flushed a bright red. Joven walked up beside you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"Trust me. (Y/n) and Wes are as wholesome as a couple can get." Joven said laughing, causing you to blush even more.

"I'm going home!" You yelled as you awkwardly ran out the door. Joven quickly followed behind you.

"(Y/n)! I need to talk to you!" Joven yelled as he quickly caught up to you.

"What's up, Joven?" You said, turning to look at the now out-of-breath Joven hunched over, his hands on his knees.

"I don't know if you've heard. But I proposed to Kathrine and she said yes!" He said excitedly after catching his breath. You grasped him in a tight hug.

"I'm so happy for you!!!" You said, almost tearing up.

"Can't... breathe..." Joven said pretending to gasp for air. You quickly released him and he stood up straight, fixing his imaginary tie. He cleared his throat, "So we decided to move in together."

"You're leaving me alone with Wes!?!" You said, pretending to be offended, but quickly laughing it off as a joke.

"Unfortunately, yes. We're getting a house together." He said. Every time he talked about Kathrine he always got a certain look in his eyes that was unforgettable. He was legitimately in love with her. You prayed for his sake that she felt the same way. But of course she did. She said yes!!

"Do you want help packing?" You asked Joven, assuming he was avoiding the question.

"Yeah..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course I'll help! I'll see you at home, Jovie!" You said as you quickly raced out the door to Wes' car.