Chapter 16

**Six Weeks Later**

Today had officially marked the day for you to go back to the doctor and your ankle felt great, in your opinion. You went to the hospital for your follow-up and to get your brace. You did use your crutches to make your way through the hospital, alone. Wes had to go to work, so you were on your own on this one. You made your way to the elevator and went to the second floor. You walked over to the desk to check in.

"Hello, my name is (Y/n) (L/n). I'm here for a follow up." You said, a bright smile on your face.

"Fill out this paper work and the doctor will have you as soon as possible." The nurse said, sounding blatantly bored. You nodded, taking the clip board from the nurse and sitting in the closest chair to the window. You quickly filled out the paper work quickly and handed it back to the nurse.

"Thank you." She said, and you sat back down.

-

After about an hour long wait the nurse finally took you back to the doctors office.

"Hello Ms. (L/n)! It's good to see you!" The doctor greeted you with a kind handshake. He walked up and examined your ankle after you took off your air-cast "How is it feeling?" He said, referring to your ankle.

"It feels great, honestly. I can't wait to be free!" You and the doctor both laughed. There was no visible bruising or swelling, which was a good sign.

"Yes. First we will need to take a few x-rays to make sure it's fully healed." He gave you a wide smile. You nodded and followed him to the x-ray room. You sat your leg on the table and he took a few x-rays. He lead you back to his office.

"Well, good news! You can leave your cast off." He said, causing you to smile, "I'll be back in a few moments with your brace and a prescription for any pain that could be caused." He left the room and you did a little dance. You decided to text Wes.

"The day has come!! Say bye-bye!" You sent him a picture of the air-cast as it sat on the examination table beside you along with the message. He sent back a few laughing emojis. The doctor came in with a few papers.

"These papers will confirm that you are free of your ankle jail and that if you start to feel pain again that you will come in for another follow-up." You nodded, signing the papers. He handed you a small, black brace.

"You'll need to keep this on whenever you are doing any physical activities and if you ever feel any discomfort, please put it on at least until the pain goes away. If it gets too bad, use your crutches." You nodded, walking out of the doctor's office on both of your feet. You called Wes.

"Hey! My appointment is over." You said extremely excited.

"Okay, I'll be over in a few minutes. See you soon."

"Okay, bye." You hung up the phone and sat outside, waiting for Wes. As you were waiting, a random man came over and sat beside you. You looked over at him as he lit up a cigarette, the smell of the smoke as he exhaled reminded you of your past in a weird way. He was wearing a black hoodie that was pulled up to were it covered his face and he was wearing dark washed jeans. He had on regular work boots. He sat so he had his elbows on his knees and he was staring at his phone. You looked away from him and got on your own phone and played a few games, waiting for Wes to show up.

After waiting another five minutes, you heard a car pull up in front of you. You looked up to see Wes in the driver's seat. You grabbed your crutches and waved. You threw your crutches in the back and climbed in the front seat, showing off your brace.

"I'm so glad I don't have that damn thing on anymore... I need to like... sterilize my foot or something." You said, laughing. Wes didn't say anything as he pulled away. You looked up at him. His expression was very serious, and it scared you.

"What's wrong?" You asked. He looked down at you.

"Who was that guy you were sitting beside?" He asked. You were caught off guard. You didn't really take Wes as the serious jealous type. He would usually joke around and blush a ton whenever he got jealous, he wouldn't usually get angry.

"I have no clue, he didn't talk to me." You said facing forward, your voice trailing off. You felt disappointed, in a way. You rubbed your arm nervously.

"He looked like he was taking pictures of you, (Y/n)." He said, grabbing your hand firmly, "I'm sorry if I don't seem excited, I really am. But right now I'm worried about protecting you." You nodded. He rubbed your hand with his thumb.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." You said, happy that someone seemed to care. The smile came back to your face as you got on your phone, checking your notifications. You had a few text messages from people like Mari, Boze and a few of your friends from back home. You read Bose's message first:

"What's up, dog??" She said. You replied with:

"Nothin' much, just got done at the doctor!" You put a grinning emoji after it. She texted back almost instantly:

"Sweet! Any restrictions?"

"Nope. I just have to wear a brace when it starts bothering me." You checked your other messages. It was pretty much everyone asking how the appointment went, which made you feel loved. You decided to call your mom.

"Hello?" She answered. She sounded tired. You mentally facepalmed, realizing that it was probably really late back home.

"Sorry if I woke you up mom, I was just calling to let you know that I got cleared!" You heard a yawn from the other end of the line and your father complaining in the background.

"That's great news, honey! How is Tommy?"

"He hasn't texted or called me so I don't know." You heard another yawn, "Well I'll let you off here, you seem tired. Bye mom, love you. Tell everyone I said hi."

"Love you too honey." You heard a click as the other line went silent.

"Am I ever going to meet your parents?" Wes asked. You laughed.

"If we ever end up in Ohio then yes." You answered, forgetting where he grew up. He gave you a sly smirk.

"Well it's a good thing I go there every holiday, isn't it?"

"That's right, you grew up in Cincinnati." He gave you a confused face that just screamed 'How the hell did you know that?'

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You don't know that I use to be a complete fangirl before I got this job." He made a fake gasping voice before laughing. You laughed as well, intertwining your fingers with his.

"You must be good at hiding it then." He said, looking over at you. You smiled.

"I guess you could say that."

-

As you sat at your desk and edited the newest Game Bang video you started thinking about going and visiting your mother. Smosh had paid a surprising amount of money so a surprise trip home wouldn't be that big of an issue. The only thing would be getting time off. You decided you would talk to Wes about it when you got home, but for now, you just needed to edit this video so they could upload it tomorrow.

-

The clock struck 10 o'clock as you finally finished editing the video. It was a little later than what you were used to, but you didn't mind it. You emailed the video to Matt and turned everything off. Wes came in the room after finishing up filming a Board AF video for Sunday. He walked up behind you and hugged you, checking to make sure no one was looking first.

"Are you ready to go home?" He said, grabbing his phone from his desk.

"Whenever you are." You said, looking up at him. You grabbed your phone and checked your notifications. Wes shut down his computer, as did you, and you both left the offices and made your way home.