Chapter 25

A/N
Ayyyooo my dudes!! Sorry for the hella slow updates in the past few months. I've had literally no free time to write anything and I feel bad about it. But hey! Happy New Year!! I hope 2019 brings y'all amazing things and even better memes.

-

*beep beep*

*beep beep*

*be-*

You slammed your hand down on the alarm clock and sat up. You looked over to Wes who was curled up on the opposite side of the bed. You scoot closer to him and place your hand on his forehead.

'He's burning up...' You thought to yourself. You kissed his temple, causing him to wake up.

"Hey Wes, take some more medicine before I head out for work, okay?" You said as you got up from bed and made your way to the kitchen. You grabbed a spoon and headed back to the bedroom. He was now sitting up with his feet hanging off of the bed. He was facing away from the door. You walked around the bed and sat beside him. You opened the medicine and gave him the recommended dosage before making your way to the bathroom to get dressed. All of your clothes still sat in the bathroom just for the simple fact that you were too lazy to move all of your clothes yet. Some of your pjs and dirty clothes were in Wes' room just for the simple fact of that was where you slept. You picked out something simple. You had on light washed jeans and a black t-shirt that had a small logo on the left pocket area with a small Smosh logo. You covered the shirt with a (f/c) zip up jacket. You slid two random socks on your feet and went with your normal black Vans. You made your way back into Wes' room to check on him while brushing your hair. He has laid back down but this time wasn't under the blanket.

"Are you hot?" You asked, glancing over at the fan to the side of the bed. Wes nodded so you walked over to the fan and turned it on. You walked back over to Wes and kissed his forehead again.

"I'll be back as soon as I'm done at work, okay?" Wes nodded and grabbed your hand, looking at you.

"You can take my car. Just be careful..." he said weakly.

"Okay. Try and get some sleep." You said, nodding and kissing him once again. He let go of your hand and you walked out, grabbing your phone. You checked your notifications as you made your way to the living room. Joven was sitting on the couch.

"Wes not coming?" He asked as you walked up to the door and grabbed Wes' keys off of the hook.

"He has a really bad fever so I'm going to text Matt Rhab for him." You said as he stood up and followed you out the door.

"Did you give him anything?" Joven sounded like he was worried.

"Yeah, I gave him some fever reducer before I left." You said as you climbed into the drivers seat of Wes' Ford Explorer. You turned the key on so you could move the seat to where you could reach the pedals. You turned on the radio to a station you liked and took out your phone, telling Matt Rhab that Wes wouldn't be coming in today. You backed out of the parking spot and made your way to Starbucks alone.

-

You are sitting at your desk, editing the newest Game Bang and sipping on what remained of your coffee when Joven walked up to you and tapped your shoulder. You turned around and took off your headphones.

"Need something?" You asked, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. With Wes being sick you were up most of the night worrying about him.

"Do my fingers smell weird?" He asked, shoving his hand underneath of your nose while you were inhaling. You quickly recoiled, gagging slightly. You covered your mouth. "Is it that bad?!" He asked, quickly hiding his hands behind his back.

"They kind of smell like those chip things that are in an O shape... what are they called?" Your mind drew a blank as you searched for the name in the back of your mind.

"FUNYUNS!" You heard Damien yell from outside of the office door.

"Yes! Thank you!" You thanked him. Joven turned his attention to the direction of Damien's voice. And started walking towards it.

"My hands do not smell like Funyuns!" He quickly disappeared from your sight. You turned back to your computer screen, laughing silently to yourself. You slid your headphones back on your head and continued editing the video you were working on when someone else tapped on your shoulder. This time it was Matt Rhab.

"What's up?" You said looking up at him.

"Well, since Wes is home sick could you fill his spot for the MariCraft video?" He asked. You nodded, saving your progress on the video you were currently working on. You loaded up Minecraft and waited for further instructions.

"You guys ready?" Mari asked as she loaded up Minecraft herself. Everyone said yeah and started recording.

"Hello everyone and welcome back to another episode of MariCraft! Today we have (Y/n) filling in for Wes because he is sick." You waved to the camera.

"(Y/n), have you ever played Minecraft before?" Damien asked as you punched a tree.

"Of course I have." You said as you searched for everyone. You found them all in a cave system mining for resources.

"I got some wood, do you guys have a crafting table?" You asked as you looked around the cave. It was rather big and you assumed there were a ton of resources just from the size of it.

"Yeah, it's over here." Mari said, showing you to the crafting table. You made a wooden pickaxe and started mining some cobblestone to make a cobblestone pickaxe. You made the pickaxe and started mining the larger ores with everyone else.

-

You finished the portal and were about to jump in when Mari decided that it was the perfect place to end the episode. You waved to the camera as she gave her usual sign off.

"(Y/n). We need to talk." Ian came in the door with Anthony at his side, as always. You stood up and took off your headphones and sat them on your desk.

"Okay." You said, smiling and nodding. You followed the duo to an empty meeting room and sat down at the table. They sat across from you.

"Well, we have yet to tell anyone yet. But we decided that you should be the first to know." Anthony said while looking at Ian, Ian nodded, indicating for Anthony to continue, "I'm leaving Smosh. And would like for you to take my place as the main face for the company." Your jaw dropped. You would expect them to ask someone who had been there longer, like Mari.

"W-Why me? Why not Mari? She's been here the longest." You asked, stuttering due to your anxiety.

"We actually asked Mari. But she told us that she would like to decline and you were the first one she suggested." Ian said, looking directly at you and smiling like he was the proudest father in the entire world. You were shocked. You felt your face heat up and your eyes swell with tears of excitement. Air got caught in your throat as you thought of a response.

You finally spoke, "What do I have to do?" You asked as the smile grew wider. Ian and Anthony both straightened in their seats and their eyes sparkled.

Ian spoke, "Well, first things first, you have to film a video with me saying you accept our offer."