Chapter 13

You were half way through the live stream when your ankle started to hurt even more that normal. You reached down and rubbed it when Shayne tapped on your shoulder. You looked at him and the motioned for you to look down at his lap. Confused, you look down to see his phone. He has the notes app open. You read what he had typed.

'You can rest your ankle on my lap if you need to. I can tell it hurts.' You looked up at him and mentally thanked him as Mari read off the cards that everyone gave her. You lifted your leg and sat it on Shaynes knee, the pain almost instantly going away. You sighed in relief. Shayne grabbed above your air cast so that your leg wouldn't fall. You nodded at him, say thank you. He smiled as a reply. You both turned your attention back to the game at hand.

-

"That's mine." You said as your took your seventh, and final card. Everyone laughed.

"Okay guys thanks for joining us for the live stream! Bye!" Bose said and everyone waved. The live stream ended and everyone started talking to each other. You thanked Shayne verbally and moved your leg off of his lap. You instantly jumped on your phone, checking your notifications. You stood up, waving goodbye to everyone as you hopped over to your crutches. You grabbed them and hobbled back over to your desk, putting your headphones on and begun working on the video you had started about an hour earlier. You rested your ankle on your desk again. You glanced over at the clock, noticing it was already 1 o'clock. You sighed as you edited.

-

The clock struck 4 and you were finally done editing the video. You glanced over at Wes to see what he was up to. He was in the middle of a quest on a new game he had just bought earlier that day. He noticed you staring and glanced down at you.

"You ready to go home?" You nodded. He saved his progress and closed the program. He took off his headphones and sat them on his desk.

"Let's go." He said, standing. You followed his motion, grabbing your crutches from the wall. You followed him out, saying goodbye to everyone as you left.

-

You sat on the couch eating out of a bag of chips and watching your favorite television series on Netflix. Wes sat beside you, also eating the chips. You leaned against the arm of the chair, checking your phone for occasional notifications. One caught your eye. It was a post on instagram someone had tagged you in. You didn't recognize their username or photo. You clicked it. It was a photo of you and Mari leaving the hospital with the caption "Hope (Y/n) is okay" with a sad face. You liked it and commented "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the worry!" With a kissy-face emoji. They instantly liked your comment, fangirling with a reply saying "OMGOMG SENPAI NOTICED MEE!!!" You like the comment, replying with a laughing face. You laughed at your phone, earning a confused glare from Wes.

"What's so funny??" He leaned up against you, looking at your phone screen, being careful not to hit your ankle. You laughed.

"Someone saw Mari and I leaving the hospital and was wondering if I was okay." You laughed. He looked confused, tapping on their profile. It opened to their profile. He scrolled down their photos. They seemed to be around your age, maybe a year or two older. They were a female to male transgender and, you weren't going to lie, he was kind of attractive. You closed out of their profile and looked over at Wes.

"Awwwe~ is someone jealous?" You laughed, his face turned a little pink before he replyed with a "Pfft... no." You laughed, hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"Good, because you shouldn't be." Your face heated up as you scrolled through your instagram, liking a few people's pictures. Wes was speechless as he placed a hand on his own cheek where you had kissed him. You looked over to him smiling.