Chapter 15

You felt a tap on your shoulder. You quickly shot up, your face covered in sweat.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Boze asked. You glanced around frantically. You were at the office. You wiped some sweat off of your forehead and sighed.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I fell asleep..." You said, your voice shaking. You felt oddly weak and extremely cold. You leaned back in your chair, reaching over to Wes' chair and grabbing his jacket off of the back of his chair and wrapping yourself in it, wanting to be warm because you were freezing. Boze places her hand on your forehead.

"(Y/n)! You're burning up!" She said, her eyes wide. She bent down so she was eye level with you. "You need to go to the doctor. You're really sick." She placed her hand on yours.

"N-No. I'm f-fine..." You said, your voice still very shaky. Boze sighed, knowing she wasn't going to get you to go home by herself. She walked out of the room. You looked back to the computer in front of you. You weren't even halfway done editing the first video you had started on and it was already 2 o'clock. You wiped your forehead with the back of your hand again and slid on your headphones and started editing again. You felt a gentle hand touch your forehead and you looked up to see Joven and Boze standing beside you, talking. Joven removed his hand from your forehead. You took your headphones off.

"I'm taking you home," Joven said as he gently grabbed your arm and lifted you from the chair. You didn't fight him at all. You took off your headphones and sat them on your desk and followed Joven out the door. You put your arms through the sleeves of Wes' jacket. Joven grabbed your crutches on his way out.

"Why didn't you tell Wes you felt sick this morning?" He asked you as he helped you into the passenger seat of his car. He opened the back door and slid your crutches onto the back seat.

"I felt fine until I fell asleep... I thought it was just cold out..." you admitted as he shut the door. You leaned on it, soaking in the heat that the car had retained from sitting out in the heat all day. You closed your eyes as you heard the driver's side door open. Joven climbed in and buckled his seatbelt as the engine roared to life. He reached over and buckled you in. You almost instantly fell asleep as he started backing out of his usual parking spot.

-

You woke up to Joven tapping your shoulder. You opened your eyes slowly and looked over at him.

"We're home. I stopped at the store while you were asleep. I grabbed some DayQuil and some fever reducers." He said as he showed you the bag that sat beside him. You nodded and opened the door, climbing out slowly. Joven ran around the car to help you walk as you stumbled to the front door, your crutches still in his car. He unlocked it and shoved the door open. You stepped inside, careful of your ankle, and instantly made your way to the couch. Joven grabbed your shoulders and lead you back the hallway into Wes' room. You glanced back at him, confused.

"You're not laying on the couch when you're sick. Plus, if it gets worse you're closer to the bathroom back here." He said. You just nodded in response. You climbed back into Wes' messy bed and took in his scent, just now realizing that you had mindlessly stolen his jacket.

"Joven?" You said right as he was about to walk out of the room. He turned around and looked at you.

"Yeah?"

"Can you take this back to Wes?" You said, taking off the jacket and handing it to him. He nodded and handed you the medications that he has bought.

"Here, take some before I leave, okay?" He said as he opened the fever reducer and read the bottle for the recommended dosage. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a spoon since the medicine was liquid. He gave you two spoonfuls and helped you lay down and get comfortable.

"You're such a great friend, Joven..." You said as you laid back down. He smiled and laughed slightly.

"Of course, (Y/n)." He walked out and shut the light off. He closed the door behind him, making it darker in Wes' room. You curled up in his blanket, taking in more of his scent. You quickly fell asleep for the fourth time today.

-

You woke up to two voices in the living room, arguing.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner that she was sick?!" The first voice yelled as the front door opened. You slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes.

"Because I knew you would freak out about it like you are now! And she is sleeping so stop yelling!" The second voice rebutted with a huff. You heard a sigh as two sets of feet made their way down the hall. They both stopped right outside the door. You heard a soft knock and the first voice again.

"(Y/n)?" The owner of the voice asked as they opened the door, revealing himself to be none other than Wes. You groan slightly at the amount of light that flooded in the room. "Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked as he made his way into the room, sitting beside you on his bed. He ran his fingers through your hair and placed the back on his hand on your forehead, feeling the heat that came off of your skin.

"Not good..." You said, trying not to sound like a little kid, but failing in the process. Wes just smiled at you. You listened as the second set of feet made their way back to the living room, assuming they were Joven's.

"Why didn't you say something this morning? We could have stayed home." He said softly. You just laid your head down on his lap and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Because I didn't want to miss work..." you admitted. He let out a short laugh and shook his head.

"Come on. Let's get comfy." He said. You lifted your head up and laid back down in the same position as before. Wes laid down beside you, still in his jeans but neither of you cared. You curled up to him, taking in his heat that you so dearly missed. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to his chest, resting his chin on your head. He moved his head, kissing you on the cheek, and quickly putting it back to where it was before. You listened to his breathing and his heartbeat. You moved your hand around, trying to find the blanket that had fallen off of you when you sat up. Your eyebrows frowned as you were having trouble finding it.

"Do you want the blanket?" He asked, holding back laughs. You nodded. He moved to where he could reach the blanket and grabbed it, covering you with it and wrapping himself back around you. You quickly fell asleep to the sound of his beating heart.