Chapter 12

You wake up to Wes' alarm ringing down the hallway. You glance around to see you were alone and the television was off. You stretched, sitting up. You felt a slight ache in your ankle as you rested your feet on the ground beside you. You stood on your uninjured foot, reaching for your crutches, which were just out of reach. You flopped down on the floor, scooting over to where they were in reach. You grabbed one, using it to balance yourself as you stood. You bent down and grabbed the second one, making your way down the hallway. You heard the alarm clock stop and footsteps. You quickly hobbled in the bathroom and shut it behind you, getting clothes for the day. You decided to wear sweatpants, since they were easy to get on, and a plain t-shirt. Your pants had the logo for your Hogwarts house and the base color of the pants were black. You chose a grey t-shirt that said "I Solemnly Swear I'm Up To No Good" on it and a plain black zip up jacket. You put on deodorant and perfume, quickly brushing your hair and teeth. You threw your hair into a ponytail (if it's long enough) and hobbled out the door. You didn't care if Wes said no, you were going to work even if it killed you. As you hobbled out, you ran into Joven.

"Good morning, (Y/n). Going to work today?" He looked confused.

"Yeah, it's not like I have anything else to do." He shrugged, sliding past you to the livingroom to wait for Wes to get ready. You followed and sat back down on the couch. You grabbed your phone and took a picture of your air-casted foot and un-air-casted foot with the caption "I may be injured, but it's not stopping me" with a determined face emoji and a fist punching the air. You posted it on instagram. You heard footsteps heading down the hallway. You saw Wes emerge, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning sleeping beauty." You said, not removing your eyes from your phone screen.

"What are you- what's she doing up?" He looked to you, then to Joven.

"She said she's going to work." Joven shrugged as he played a game on his phone. Wes looked over at you, confused.

"Are you sure? You won't get hurt, right?" You look up from your phone.

"I'll be fine, Wes. Now let's go so we arn't late." You stood on one foot, grabbing your crutches. You grabbed a small bag and the bottle of Ibuprofen out of the cabnit, shoving it in the bag. Wes watched as you hobbled over to the door, opening it and walking out towards the parking garage. He quickly followed, Joven not too far behind.

"(Y/n), are you one hundred percent sure you should be going to work?" You looked back at Wes, who's face was filled with concern and worry.

"Wes. I'll be fine." You turn back around and head to the parking garage, forgetting about the stairs you had to walk up.

"Do you need-" You cut him off.

"I got dis." You said, confidently. You handed Wes your crutches and hopped up the two flights of stairs. Once at the top, you motioned for Wes to give you your crutches back, so he did.

"See? I told you I got this." You smiled a wide grin, causing him to laugh. You made your way to Wes' car and opened the back door, sliding your crutches on the seat. You hopped around the door and opened the passenger seat door, shutting the one you had previously opened. You hopped in, sitting down. You shut the door and looked over to Wes, giving him a thumbs up and a wide, toothy grin. As always, you both buckled up and he drove to the office, stopping at Starbucks on the way.

-

When you pulled into the parking lot, you got a little nervous about what the other members would think. Then you remember that most of them most likely wouldn't care. Wes turned off the car and you gathered all of your energy. You watched as Joven pulled in behind you, parking in his usual spot. You opened the door, reaching for the handle of the back door as you hopped out. You opened it, grabbing your crutches from the back seat. You placed them under your arms and scooted away from the open door, shutting it and the passenger side door. You hobbled over to Wes who was calmly waiting for you. You both walked, or hobbled, inside, making your way to the elevators, which the building had, thank the lord. You hobbled over to the elevator and pressed the up button, settling yourself on your one uninjured foot.

When the elevator opened, you hit the button to send it back down to the bottom floor. You made your way through the office to your desk, no one saying anything as it was really too early to start any conversations. You made you way to your desk, Wes following behind to make sure you don't get caught on anything. You sit at your desk, placing your crutches against the wall, which you just so happened to be positioned beside. You slid on your headphones and started editing the video Matt had sent you. After a short while, your ankle started to hurt, so you decided to rest it on your desk. You lifted your leg up and set it on your desk, continuing your work. You earned a few strange looks from the others, but didn't care. It slowly made the pain in your ankle go away.

-

You were almost done editing the video when you felt someone tap on your shoulder. You took your headphones off and spun around in your chair, looking to find Mari and Flitz.

"Hey, we need another person for the live stream, want to join?" You looked back at your computer, saving your progress on the video.

"Yeah, are we starting now?" You asked, standing on your one good foot, leaning on your desk.

"Yeah, come on." Mari said, motioning for you to come. You grabbed your crutches and 'walked' over to the studio. You followed Mari and Flitz in and sat in a swivel chair that was placed around the usual table they played cards at. You sat on the far left on the edge so you could get in and out easily. You sat your crutches just out of frame but still close enough that it would only take a few hops to get to them. You waited for Mari and Flitz to set up. They decided that you were playing cards against humanity, which you haven't really played before. You watched as Bose, Joven, Shayne and Courtney walked in. Everyone took their places around the table, Shayne took the seat beside you.

"Okay guys, you ready?" Bose asked as she opened up youtube, starting up the live stream.