Chapter 20

As the line neared to you, you began to get nervous, but also excited. It was Wes' turn now. He pulled out a card and you read it over his shoulder and a bead of sweat rolls down your forehead.

"Camel!!" Matt Rhab yelled. He quickly bent down on all fours. Everyone was encouraging you to climb on. A bead of sweat rolled down your face, again, as you climbed on his back, your entire face almost instantly getting red.

"LISTEN TO ALL THE FANFICTIONS BEING WRITTEN!" Sohniki yelled from the middle of his line. You laughed as Wes carefully walked to the line and back. You stood up, laughing. You took a card.

"Raptor!!" Matt Rhab yelled. You quickly threw the card back in the hat and took off, running as fast as you could with high knees. You made it to the end of the line, out of breath. You bent over and put your hands on your knees. You slowed your breathing to catch your breath. Wes put his hand on your back and rubbed it gently.

"Are you okay?" He said, panting. You gave him a thumbs up and stood up semi-straight. Wes' hand that had moved to your shoulder dropped to your lower back.

"Yeah... Runnings.... just not... my thing..." You said between pants. He nodded and removed his hand from your back. You both turned your attention to the front. You watched as Ian carried Joven on his back. You all laughed as Ian hit the dirt. Joven encouraging him to get back up.

"Come on! We got this!!" Joven yelled as Ian rose back up to his hands.

"We might if you didn't say that to your stomach every night!" He said, jokingly. Joven gave a 'are you fucking kidding me' face to the camera as Ian crawled towards the line as Matt Rhab blew the whistle indicating that the minute was over. Sonny ran the score card over to him and ran back out of frame. Everyone gathered around the camera in large groups. You stood in front of Wes and Anthony and beside Shayne, on the end closest to Matt Rhab.

"That was an... interesting show." He said everyone laughed, "And here the scores are!!" He looked at the paper.

"FlashLits with 14! And the HazeyDaisys with..." He paused before reading your team's score, which caused you to get nervous. "16 points!!" You and your team jumped up and down in celebration as Matt Rhab ended the video.

"Congratulations guys!" Damien said as the whole team walked up to you guys. You exchanged small conversation in the separate groups.

Everyone had eventually broken off info their normal small groups. You and Wes were talking as you made your way to the next game area. You had decided to go through the wooded path you had found earlier on your walk. Knowing no one else knew where it was, you grabbed his hand.

"What if someone sees?" He said, looking down at you, concerned.

"I honestly don't care anymore." You admitted. He smiled and pulled you closer to him, "I'm just tired of hiding it from everyone, you know?" Wes nodded, not responding verbally. Your phone vibrated, like usual. It was a text from Matt Rhab:

"Get your bathing suits!" You read it out loud to Wes. He looked around confused.

"How do we get to the cabins from here...?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. You laughed and pointed towards a branching path.

"Right through there." You said, confidently. You sped up, pulling him closely behind you. You both laughed as you neared the cabins. You walked to the front door of your cabin and began walking in, but before you do, you lean up and kiss Wes on the cheek. His face flushed and you smiled, laughing slightly. You walked into the cabin to see all the other girls. They all smirked at you, which caused your face to go red. You climbed to the top bunk and looked through your bag to find your bathing suits. You had a (f/c) pair of boys swim trunks and a black bikini top and you also had a basic (f/c) bikini set. You chose (Your/Choice). You made your way to the bathroom to change. You stand in front of the mirror in your bra and underwear. You looked at yourself up and down. Thoughts... terrible thoughts filled your head. You quickly shoved them to the back of your mind. You took off your bra, quickly replacing it with your suit top and the same with your bottoms. You slid your t-shirt back on right as Matt Rhab texted:

"Meet at the pool in 10." You opened the door to the bathroom and threw your other clothes in your suitcase and headed straight for the door. You were met by Mari grabbing your wrist.

"So what's up with you and Wes?" Your face flushed. You laughed nervously.

"W-What do you mean? We just l-live together." They all started laughing. You just smiled nervously.

"(Y/n), if there is anything more going on you can tell us." Olivia said, getting up from her bed and stood beside Mari, placing her arm on your shoulder.

"Do we have to now?" You asked, inching closer to the door. Olivia and Mari's faces lit up and Courtney let out a little squeal.

"So there is something!?" Courtney half yelled. You quickly shushed her.

"Like I said, can we talk about this later??" They all nodded excitedly and followed you out the door. You turned onto a dirt path that lead through the woods.

"(Y/n)!! Wait up!" You heard Shayne yell from behind you. You stopped and turned around to face him.

"What's up, Shayne?" You greeted him as you usually did. You were never close to Shayne, but you still talked to him from time to time. He would occasionally tease you about the live stream the two of you were on forever ago when he let you use him as a rest, but that was about it.

"Why are you going this way?" He asked, pointing down the path. You watched as Wes walked towards the opening of the path and catches sight if Shayne. You watched as his face filled with jealousy.

"Hey, there's Wes!" You waved at him, causing Shayne to turn around. His face quickly softened and he waved back. Wes walked towards the two of you.

"What's up?" Wes said, glancing between you and Shayne.

"Oh, nothing much. Shorter route. Shayne decided to follow." You said, answering Shayne's previous question as well as Wes'.

"Let's get going!" You said, breaking the silence and walking down the path quickly. Shayne and Wes quickly catching up.

-

"I can't believe we won again!" You high fived Mari as you walked back to the cabin with her and Courtney.

"Soo... about you and Wes...?" Courtney said with a wink. Your face turned red.

"Fine.  But you guys can't tell anyone, okay?" They both got super excited, but both promised not to tell.

"We have been together for a while now..."

"How long?!" Mari almost yelled, you quickly hushed her.

"Since before I dislocated my ankle." You said with a nervous smile.

"And you didn't tell me!!" Courtney yelled. You covered her mouth quickly.

"I'm sorry, we wanted to keep it on the down low." You rubbed the back of your neck.

"No, I completely get it." Mari agreed whole-heartedly, "it's hard to even have a relationship, especially when you work together. Let alone when everyone knows." Courtney nodded her head in silent agreement.

"Thank you, guys. You're the best."