Chapter 28

You and Wes walk up to the Smosh office, hand in hand as you did any normal day. You walk through the front door and get in the nearest elevator and hop in, pressing the floor button to go up. You make your way into the Smosh Games office and sit down at your desk and begin your normal routine of editing videos.

"Hey, (Y/n). Can you come be in this sketch real quick? We were suppose to have Courtney but she's out sick." Shayne said to you after tapping your shoulder.

"What's it about?" You ask, turning around and giving him your full attention.

"It's every proposal ever. It's a scene where two really famous celebrities get married and like... 3 years after get divorced. You sound up to it?" Shayne asked as he handed you a piece of paper with about twenty lines on it. You nod and read it through. Shayne would be playing the male character and you the female. The description said that Shayne is a famous rapper and you would be playing a random model.

"Yeah, sounds like fun." You say with a smile.

"Okay, want me to walk to you makeup then?" He asked with a wide grin on his face. You nodded and he held out his hand. You grabbed it and followed him to makeup. He sat you down in a chair in front of a mirror in the costume closet and told you that he would be right back. You nodded and said okay as he walked out the door. The makeup artist walked in and got right to work on your hair and makeup while you played on your phone. You checked your Instagram, which you haven't done in a while. You were reading some of the comments on your most recent picture you posted. It was a picture of you and Wes. You were on his back and the both of you were laughing. It was a celebration post for your nine month anniversary. That's when one comment caught your eye. It was from one of your friends from high school saying that they missed you. You liked it and replied with a simple heart emoji. You checked your DM's and noticed that the top one was from them as well. They had went on a seven paragraph rant about how their family was doing poorly after her mother decided she didn't want to work anymore, claiming to everyone she had some fatal disease and they were looking for someone in the public eye to give them a shout out so they could get a little bit of representation in the media and earn some free money, ending it with a "You understand, right?". You shook your head. That's all anyone wanted you for anymore was your following. You sighed and DM'ed the person back. The two of you weren't that close in high school, but you felt like you should do something nice for once. They sent you a link to the Go-Fund-Me page and you bookmarked it. You would have to talk to Wes about it later.

"Hey, is she done?" Shayne peeked his head in the doorway. The makeup artist nodded her head and stepped away from you. You looked at yourself in the mirror and your jaw dropped. She had done an amazing job on both your hair and makeup.

"Wow... you did an amazing job! Thank you!" You said and gave her a hug.

"Just doing my job, (Y/n)." she smiled and walked out the door. Shayne quickly gave you a sparkly dress to change in to and he left again. You changed and grabbed your phone. You snapped a picture in the mirror and posted it to your snapchat with the caption 'See you on Smosh Pit!' with a kissy face and blushing face emoji. You opened the door and Shayne asked if you were ready to go. He was dressed in a nice suit with some fake tattoos on his face and hands.

"You ready?" He asked you as he fumbled with the script in his hand. You nodded and grabbed yours as well. You quickly skimmed over the lines, there weren't really that many. You barely even said anything, it was mainly freeze frames and fake magazine covers and Shayne talking.

The two of you walked into the studio and onto set. You both waited until they were ready for you and you went up in front of the cameras and let Shayne play his part and you played yours.

-

"Yo, this is my girl Natalie. She's a really hot supermodel." Shayne said into the camera as fake flashes surrounded the two of you, like you were on a red carpet. He then bent down on one knee, "Like, marry me so we can make more money together." He said with his fake rapper voice. You chewed the piece of gum they gave you for the scene and responded with a short "Sure." You and Shayne started laughing as the camera crew yelled cut. You were handed another dress to change into, so you found a secluded spot and changed. This one was more form fitting than the last one, and it had no sparkle what-so-ever. You walked back out with Shayne who was wearing the same exact thing.

"Action!"

"Ugh, you're like so annoying." You said in your 'supermodel' voice.

"Fine, yo, then we're totally getting a divorce." And with that, you and Shayne walked off different sides of the frame.

"Cut! Nicely done you two. Only one take for each scene, very surprising."

-

You walked back into the Smosh Games room after changing and wiping off all of your makeup. You sat in your chair and glanced around. Everyone was in a game of Minecraft filming the new Maricraft series.

"Hey, (Y/n), you want to jump in?" Mari asked you, but you quickly declined.

"Sorry Mari, I can't. I have to finish editing this video so we can have it out tomorrow." You said as you sat down.

"Damn, Alright. Good luck." She said back, turning to her game once again.

"Thanks." You said as you slid on your headphones and got back to work. While editing, you let your mind wonder.

'Wes and I have been together for a while now...' you started thinking to yourself, 'but then again, it's only been nine months.' You sighed to yourself, getting back to work.

-

You finally finished editing the video and sent it in to Matt Rhab. You didn't have anything else you needed to do for the rest of the day, unless they decided to have you start editing something different. You decided that you were getting hungry. You walked over to Wes and tapped his shoulder. He took off his headphones.

"Hey, you want to go get lunch?" You asked, pointing your thumb over your shoulder towards the door. He nodded and set his headphones on his desk. He stood up, grabbed his phone and keys, and lead the way out the door. You smiled and walked over to your desk, picking up your phone as well before racing to catch up with Wes.

"Wes! (Y/n)! Headed out for lunch?" Boze called from a room over.

"Yeah, do you want anything?" Wes offered as he quickly gripped your hand with his.

"Can you just get me a bottle of water?" She asked. He nodded and lead the way out the door.

-

You and Wes got back from lunch and you gave Boze her water. You quickly got back to work on editing a second video for the day before you were suppose to be in the next Board AF later that day. You had gotten pretty quick at editing with the help of the few other editors taking on some of your work load when you got requests to appear in videos. And recently you and Wes had been planning a trip home so he could meet your family and so you could meet his. Your mother and father were excited that you were finally happy, and his parents were excited to meet you as well. You flipped between editing and your travel planner as the clock ticked closer and closer to filming time.

"(Y/n)! Filming time!" You nodded as you saved your progress and stood from your chair and headed into the recording room.