Chapter 9

"Tommy?" You walk up behind Wes, peaking around him to see your brother. His cheeks stained with tears and his eyes filling with more.

"(Y/n)... Look I-I'm so sorry... I tracked your phones GPS... B-but it was only because I was worried about you..." You could see as Wes tenced up, clenching his fists. You place your hand on his arm that was still hidden by the door. You felt as his arm untence and you watched as his fists unclenched.

"Look," You walked in front of Wes, trying to keep him calm, "I'm safe. That's all that matters, right? Wesley would never do anything to hurt me and neither would Joshua. I'm probably safer here than I was with you, Tommy..." He looked down to his feet, tears falling to the ground.

"You're right." Tommy's phone began ringing, "It's Rhonie. I'll text you... I love you little sis." You hugged your brother. Your eyes filling with tears, but they quickly went away because you knew, deep down, he was happy for you.

"I love you too, Tommy." He released, walking back to his car and driving off.

"That was... interesting..." You said turning around and walking back into the house. You sat back down on the couch, leaning against the arm of it. Wes shut the door, walking over and sitting beside you. He put his arm on the back of the couch behind you and his other on his leg. You heard the door open and close as Joven came back with the pizza.

"I'm back, who was that?" He asked, setting the pizza on the coffee table.

"That was Tommy, my brother." You said, opening the box of pizza. You grabbed a slice and sat back on the couch, eating it. Wes also grabbed a slice.

"Oh. What did he want?" He asked, seeming interested.

"He just wanted to make sure I was safe. It's an older sibling thing, I guess." You said, quickly eating your slice and grabbing another. Joven grabbed his first slice.

"That was nice of him." He took a large bite of his pizza and leaned back in the chair, watching the television that had been playing the entire time.

-

"Well guys, it's 11 so I'm going to head to bed." Joven said as he walked down the hallway.

"Goodnight!" You and Wes both yelled at the same time. You looked at each other and smiled, laughing a little. You could hear as Joven said something to himself, but you couldn't quite make it out. You looked up to Wes who appeared to be blushing.

"What?" You said, giving a teasing smile.

"N-Nothing it's just what Joven said." He looked down at his lap was a giant grin, covering half of his face with his hand.

"What did he say?" You asked, getting on your knees so you were eye level with him.

"I'm not telling!" He said, laughing a little. He seemed to be embarrassed. You shook him by the shoulders.

"Tell meeeee!!" You begged, only causing him to laugh.

"Shh, Joven is trying to sleep." He said, still laughing.

"If you tell me I'll make you cookies." He gasped, eyes wide. He place a hand on his chest, exaggerating the gasp.

"Yeah. But you have to tell me first." Wes placed his thumb and first finger on his chin, rubbing it as if he were thinking.

"Fine. But you have to promise me you are making those cookies." You nodded, turning to look at Wes. His face grew even more red as the giant grin rose back to his face.

"He said 'It's like you two are made for each other or something'..." You felt your face heat up and a smile grew on your face as well. You started laughing.

"D-Did he really say that?" You questioned, still laughing. Wes nodded, causing you to laugh. You decided to joke about the situation more.

"I mean, he isn't wrong." You said, giving a fake serious face. Wes looked confused and shocked. You smiled at how cute he looked when he was confused.

"I'm kidding. I couldn't date a co-worker... it would be too awkward if anything went wrong..." Wes' face went completely serious, like he was planning out what it was he was trying to say.

"Well..." He grabbed your hand, intertwining your fingers with his, "What if I promised nothing would go wrong...?" You looked up into his chocolate brown eyes as he gased into your shining (e/c) ones. His eyes seemed to sparkle with hope. You smiled, you felt as your cheeks grew warm.

"Then I would have to say 'Why the hell not?'" He smiled, pulling you close for a hug. You snuggled into his chest and took in his wonderful scent.  Even though you hadn't known him for very long, it felt as if he was made for you, in a way. Like the way your body fit perfectly into his. Wes bent his head down, looking at you. You looked up at him, a small smile creeping to the corners of your mouth. Wes bent down, kissing your forehead. You closed your eyes, smiling. You snuggled your head back into his chest. He leaned back on the couch, you laying on top of him. He began rubbing your back. You felt as your eyes drooped and became heavy. You tries your hardest not to, but you ended up falling asleep.

Wes' Point Of View

I look down as I notice that (Y/n)'s eyes were shut. I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. My face grew red at I saw Joven appear out of the darkness, his hands covering his mouth.

"Shut up!" I quickly half whispered half yelled.

"You guys are so cute!" He said in a high pitched voice, causing me to face palm. I felt as (Y/n) moved around. I held my breath, praying she doesn't wake up. She ended up pulling herself closer to my head, now laying her head on my shoulder. Her arms were still around my neck. I let out my breath, thankful she didn't wake up.

"Joven. Do not tell anyone. I'm serious."  I whispered. He just put his hands in the air like he was sorendering. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the dish strainer and filling it with water from the refrigerator. He quickly gulped it down and placed it carefully into the sink. He made his way back to the hallway. He walked to his room, but not before turning back and giving me a thumbs up. I smiled, laughing on the inside. I turned my attention back to the television. I smiled and said to myself:

"You never even made me cookies."