Chapter 24

You stumbled your way back through the front door, Wes right behind you. You were panting.

"I forgot it was so hot in LA!" You said, quickly taking the hot armor off of you, revealing the skin tight body suit that you had on underneath. You looked at Wes, whose face was now laced with pink.

"You okay, Wes? Your face is pink." His eyes grew wide as he looked away from you, his blush growing deeper.

"Yeah I'm fine, just hot. I'm going to go change." He said, quickly making his way back to his bedroom. You smiled and sighed, making your way to the kitchen to get something to drink. You grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and made your way to the fridge. You grabbed (Favorite/Drink) and poured it into the glass. You sipped on your (f/d) as you looked through the fridge to see what you could cook for dinner. You decided to make breakfast for dinner, as that was the only thing you could make with the resources that Joven and Wes had provided you.

'Maybe I should do the grocery shopping from now on...' you thought to yourself as you pulled the carton of eggs out of the fridge and a bowl and pan out of the cabinets. You placed the pan on the stove and turned it on.

"Oh! I need vegetable oil..." you thought to yourself out loud. You looked through the cabinets but the closest thing you could find was a can of nonstick spray. "This'll have to do..." you sighed as you sprayed the pan. You cracked two eggs into the bowl and whisked them together with a fork so the yolks mixed with the whites. You poured them into the pan and mixed (Favorite/omelet/ingredients) into it. As you worked your omelet together you heard Wes's bedroom door open. You glanced towards the hallway and saw that he had changed into basketball shorts and only basketball shorts. You looked away, keeping your expression neutral. You heard his footsteps come closer to you.

"You want one?" You asked him as he kept getting closer, not moving your eyes away from the pan. Out of nowhere, you felt a pair of strong hands grip your hips and make their way around your waist, interlocking with themselves. You smiled to yourself as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"I would love an omelet, baby~" He said, almost sounding like a cats purr. You felt the butterflies in your stomach and your face grow warmer by the second. You nodded to yourself and cracked open more eggs into the bowl after removing your omelet from the pan. You mixed all the same things you loved on your omelets into his, the only difference was the size. Wes' omelet was almost twice the size of yours. Once it was finished you attempted to move and grab a plate out of the cabinet on the other side of the kitchen, only to be immobilized by the giant man holding on to you.

"Wes, I need to get a plate." He only groaned in response, still not moving. You attempted to work your way out of his grasp, only to have him pick you up off of the ground and throw you over his shoulder, all this time you were laughing and protesting his actions.

"Your omelet is going to burn!" You said, still laughing. You heard the cabinet open and Wes grab a plate. He removed his omelet from the pan and placed it on his plate, immediately putting both your and his plates in the fridge.

"I'm hungry thoughhh..." You whined. He laughed as he carried you back the hallway to his room, setting you down on the bed. You sprawled out completely across the bed and took up as much space as possible, only to have Wes crawl on top of you, making you come face to face with him.

"Well hi there." You said, smiling. He smiled back, kissing our forehead and laying down beside you, moving your arm and leg out of his way before hand. He wrapped himself around you and snuggled up close to you.

"We can eat after a nap..." he said in a groggy, almost raspy voice.

"Did you at least turn the stove off?" You asked. You felt the bed shift as he nodded. You sighed in defeat, giving in and getting comfortable, snuggling close to his chest as you quickly fell asleep.

-

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. You rolled on top of Wes and grabbed your phone off of the nightstand and looked at it. Autumn was calling.

"Hello?" You said in a groggy voice.

"Hey b! Did I wake you up?" She asked. You looked over to the clock. It was 1:30am. You sighed.

"No, Wes and I just fell-" Autumn cut you off mid sentence.

"WHO IS WES!?!" You recoiled away from the phone.

"I'll explain when I'm more awake, okay?" You said, her protesting your choice. "What are you doing up at 1:30 anyways?" You asked, already assuming it was something to do with work.

"We had an emergency at the clinic so they called everyone in. Unfortunately for me, they didn't actually need everyone. So here I am." She said with a huff. You nodded your head and replied with a simple "mhm." You felt rustling beside you as Wes was starting to wake up. You got up and moved to the bathroom while Autumn rambled about the past few months.

"So yeah, I did my first solo surgery the other day!" You smiled as you sat on the counter.

"Congratulations! I'm so proud!" You said, finally starting to wake up. You heard a soft knock at the door.

"You good in there, (Y/n)?" Wes asked from the other side of the door. You walked over to the door and opened it.

"Yeah, I'm just on the phone." You smiled up at him. You could hear Autumn fangirling from the other side of the phone.

"At almost 2am?" He asked, sounding tired. You grabbed his hand and lead him back to bed.

"She had an emergency. Just go back to bed." You said. He laid back down in bed. You covered him up with the blanket like a mother would their child and kissed him on the forehead. It felt a little warm.

"Are you feeling okay, Wes? You're foreheads a little warm." You sat your phone down on the nightstand, forgetting you were in a call with Autumn. Wes shook his head slowly. You suddenly remembered Autumn and picked up the phone.

"Hey, I'm gonna let you off here. I think Wes is sick." You said while sitting beside him on the bed. You ran your hand through his hair and waited for Autumns response.

"Yeah, that's good girl. We can talk more in the morning." She said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"I love you. I'm really sorry I couldn't talk longer. Be safe." You said. She replied saying she loved you too and to use protection. You laughed and hung up and turned your attention to Wes. You felt his forehead again it was getting warmer and warmer. You left the room to get the fever reducer and a spoon. You read the side of the bottle to see how much he needed to take and made your way back to his bedroom. You opened the bottle and tapped Wes' shoulder. He rolled over and looked at you.

"Take some of this, it will help your fever go down." You said as he sat up and opened his mouth. You laughed at how much of a child he was being. You spooned the dark liquid in his mouth and handed him your bottle of water off of the nightstand. He took a sip and laid back down. You crawled into bed beside him and got under the blanket, trying to keep your distance so you wouldn't get sick until you felt a strong hand grab your waist and pull you closer to him. You smiled and grabbed his hand, intertwining your fingers with his. You heard a small snore escape his mouth, indicating he was asleep, but you still didn't move. You wanted him to feel comforted and protected while he was sick like how he made you feel every day. You couldn't stop thinking about the day to come. Would you go to work and leave him alone? Would he go to work even though he was sick? Would you get sick again? Questions kept circling in your head as you tossed and turned in Wes' arms. You felt as a hand ran it's way up your back and through your hair. You smiled and stopped rolling around, quickly falling asleep.