Camden

"An anteater!" I shout, setting my soda on the table. I scoot closer to the edge of the couch. I'm really getting into this.

Harper shakes her head and tries again. I laugh as she raises and lowers her arm near her head.

"You're a cockatiel's crest! No. Wait. You're a sexy vacuum cleaner attachment!" I shout again.

"What's wrong with you?" she laughs, scrunching up her face.

"Hey! No talking!" I remind her.

"You're awful at this game..."she teases me.

"It's charades, Harper. You could be literally anything," I tell her, bouncing my eyebrows.

"You're trying too hard," she says, putting her hands on her hips. I start walking toward her slowly until her back presses into the bookcase against my living room wall. My hands touch the outside of her bare thighs. Shorts definitely work for her.

"Oh, I've known the entire time what you were trying to be, Harper," I tell her softly, close to her face. "I just like seeing you flail around," I tease, pushing her hair away from her ear.

Her eyes lock on mine. Her breath is shaky. She wants me to kiss her.

Her fingers curl around the fabric of my thin t-shirt and she tugs me closer.

And just as her lips are about to touch mine, I whisper one word.

"Elephant,"

I try to hide my smile, but her confused frown is adorable.

"What?" she whispers, backing up a bit.

"An elephant. That's what you were acting out, right? You know...charades...that game we were playing before you got all hot and bothered..." I tease.

Oh yeah. She definitely still wants me.

"Yeah, but..." her cheeks are pink and I move closer again. "Well I thought you were...just now when we..." she mumbles.

That's a good sign.

"Harper!" I say loudly, goofing off again. "Chase is right in the other room!" Her eyes widen again when she realizes he's probably heard this whole conversation. "I cannot take you in my BEDROOM! But I'll take a raincheck, baby,"

"Shhh, Camden!" she pleads with a smile. "He'll hear you!"

"What?" I shrug and shoot her a soft smile. "Am I embarrassing you?"

I run the back of my hand across her pink cheeks gently when she nods.

"And I doubt he can hear us," I reassure her. "I'm sure he has his headphones in. When doesn't he?"

Chase told us he was too tired to play charades. He'd looked sad and exhausted so we let him be. It's unlike him to keep his distance. Something is going on, but he won't talk about it. It worries us, but he's a teenager; his attitude changes all the time.

So we took it in stride and welcomed the alone time.

"But I can see where you were going with this, so like I said, I'm down for another time," I breathe, motioning between us. "Somewhere he won't be able to hear,"

"Maybe," she swallows, straightening her shirt.

Maybe? That's not a no. I'll take it.

Her desire is clear. She needs it; neon lights blinking "fuck me" flash in her gorgeous brown eyes, and god, do I want to. I've seen something akin to this look before, but it's never felt like this.