Camden

I step up to the door and knock again. The side of Harper's head presses against my arm as we wait.

"Just so you know, this isn't going to be pretty if she starts something," I tell her. "I make no guarantees about my temper," I add as she looks up at my eyes.

The door swings open and Jenna appears before us. Her eyes are sunken in; her skin is almost translucent. She's just as I remember. She blinks a few times and smiles; her euphoria won't let her see the bad. She's on top of the world because she thinks her son chose her over me.

Harper's head lifts from my arm. She's staring at Jenna like she's just seen a ghost.

"Awesome. Nothing's changed. Now where is he?" I snap sarcastically moving closer to push her aside.

Jenna's eyes lock on Harper and she smirks.

"Pick of the week, Camden?" she asks with a giggle.

"Hardly," Harper manages. "I'm Harper. Camden's girlfriend," she explains.

I see the worry in her eyes as she assess Jenna.

"So I've heard," Jenna says. "Now leave," she snaps. Her eyes turn cold, but lack the protectiveness of a real mother.

"Still pleasant as ever," I growl at her. "Now where's my kid?"

"Your kid?" She says, her eyebrows shooting to the sky. "Oh, that's a good one. Little, careless Camden's got himself a pretend little family here,"

Jesus. Is she Henry or what? No wonder they get along!

"Sorry to hurt these new 'feelings' you've found," she smiles. "But my son wanted to come home to me. He's done with you," her arms stretch across the doorframe, blocking the path inside. "And you, apparently," her eyes dart to Harper.

"You better get the hell out of my way. Andy isn't here to save you this time," I warn, placing my hands on her wrists and slowly lowering them to her sides so I can get through. "It's a little late to go all mother of the year on Chase now, and you're not fooling us, so move,"

"I don't think so. And I'm not as weak as I look you know," she snaps, resting her hands on her hips. "You're not coming in and you're not taking my son,"

Chase appears behind her. His face is red and sweat-soaked. I'm about to charge inside and pull him away from here. From her.

I'm so angry I can't think straight.

"What are you going to do if I don't leave, Jenna?"

"Okay Camden..." Harper says, resting her hands on my shoulders. "There's Chase," she tells me, pointing inside. "Everything is fine,"

"No really, Harper," I laugh. A dangerous smile crosses my face. "I want to know. What's she gonna do if I don't leave? Kill me?"

"What'd you say to me?" Jenna's eyes widen. The words shot out of her like a bullet, almost too fast.

My eyes catch on Chase behind her. He's silently begging me not to betray his trust.

"I said give me my kid," I repeat, dodging the subject. I want to win so badly. I want to throw everything out on the table. I want her that I know she could be spending years, possibly life in prison for a crime my brother had more than likely covered up.

"Not that," she barks, eyes blazing. "The other part,"

I smile wickedly, ready to strike, but the voice of reason comes n the form of Chase. I can't do that to him. The newest, brightest parts of my heart keep me from screaming 'murderer' at the top of my lungs.