Harper, cont.

I'm light as a feather, floating, drifting toward a warm, celestial feeling. I'm asleep, I know. Strong hands catch me and bring me down to meet bright blue eyes as he winds his fingers in mine. He leads me away from an unfamiliar place. This dream version of myself is completely unrecognizable, as I laugh and smile. It's been years since I've felt so safe walking along through a lucid dream. But there aren't green eyes haunting me this time, and I just begin to lose myself in his touch when I suddenly see darkness and I'm met with the real world once more.

My heart pounds, but not in the erratic way I've grown to hate every morning as I wake from a nightmare. It beats with excitement and freedom as my head clears enough to realize where I am. My pillow is the smooth, bare plane of Camden's chest, and it rises and falls peacefully below me.

I shift my head up enough to look at him. His face is free of worry lines and silly smirks, and I wonder if his dreams take him somewhere different, too.

I'm warm from his skin now, and the soft, silky black sheet that's draped over the top of my shoulder. It falls across the bottom of his and I silently laugh when I see his barefoot hanging off the bed. He's in a dead sleep. His hair is everywhere but where it should be, sticking up and out like a small child's.

I woke from a wonderful dream to an even better reality. I lift my head slightly, shifting away from him carefully and pulling the blanket over his bare chest again. Thankful that he doesn't wake, I scoot out of bed and find Camden's teal button up shirt from the night before slung over the headboard. I remember the carnal look in his eyes as I sat on his lap and slowly unbuttoned it just a few hours ago.

I drag the rumpled collar up to my nose, smelling his rich cologne in the fabric. It matches the scent that lingers in my hair, as my head pressed into the crook of his neck as I kissed his chest. I'm still a mess- red-faced and frazzled, the heat still lingering between my thighs at the thought of what he did to me just an hour ago. His look of innocence now makes me smile. He really has so many sides.

Camden Fox is no longer a dangerous game. He's not a dream. He's real life and he's mine.

My fingers find the buttons, skipping over a few as I make my way to the door.

My bare feet press into the soft carpet and it absorbs the sound of my footsteps. I walk in a trance; certain I'm still floating somewhere outside of my body. But when I feel the cool linoleum of the kitchen beneath my feet, my head clears. The clock on the wall reads 2:30 a.m.; I've only been asleep for half an hour. Camden's shirt is barely long enough to cover me; it's hardly appropriate attire to be walking around the house in when a teenage boy's hormones are blaring in the neighboring room. My messy hair will give her away, I know, and I didn't think to pull my panties and jeans back on. But Chase is fast asleep by now, as he got home on time as promised.

The kitchen is dark, but I creep quietly to the fridge to find juice. My eyes catch on light shining from the bottom of the closed bathroom door. Maybe Chase isn't asleep. I panic and set my juice down on the counter, tiptoeing back across the kitchen. But the door creaks open and I'm caught like a deer in headlights. My hand goes into my hair as I spin around, embarrassed, expecting a cocky smirk across the lips of my new favorite teenager.

But my jaw falls low when I'm instead faced with the tall, thin blonde girl I met for the first time a little more than seven hours ago. I blink, hoping I'm just imagining this. But after ten seconds of staring, the girl doesn't disappear.

"Natalie?!" I say in a hushed whisper.

She's wearing thin cotton grey shorts and a green tank top. Eyes wide, I begin to process the scene before me. This was clearly planned. The girl seemed sweet and polite when she came to pick him up for the dance. I would've never guessed I'd find her illicitly standing in Camden's kitchen searching for orange juice, too. But looks can be deceiving; I'm living proof of that.