Part 19: Betrayal

"I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem." - Diana Gabaldon, Dragonfly in Amber   

Recap:

"feisty." Alarik chuckled

"And she's all mine." Alessio smirked before staring at me with love.

"mm, I-I was t-thinking, what about the traitor?" I asked before both of the brothers smile's dropped.

Should've have never said that.

NATALIA'S POV:

They seem to be mind linking each other with one word to describe their expression: cold.

"Do you know how to do makeup?" Alarik asked, harshly.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"f*ck." Alessio cursed while doing a facepalm. Oh he meant makeup to cover my mark.... 

The door suddenly burst open and there walked in Gamma Rico.

"Beta Christian is missing." He said.

"He's the traitor." I stated.

"Talia. That is serious, why do you think so?" Alessio asked, glaring holes into my eye.

"I just have a feeling." I replied after swallowing a lump in my throat.

"You just have a feeling." Alessio snorted,

"Well, we have to find him." Alarik said. I've never trust that Christian guy, no way in hell would I help them find him, he just smell like bad news.

"Did he went missing or did he ran away?" I asked, raising my brow.

'TALIA ENOUGH.' Alessio demanded, using mind link. I really need to learn how to block him...

"He... we're not sure. If h-" Gamma Rico answered.

"Obviously, he ran away." I huffed.

"Natalia!" Alessio roared. I jerked back a little before glaring at him, how dare he?

A knock on the door snapped both of us from our little staring contest to reality, the door opened and Landon walked in.

"Babygirl! you're awake!" Landon squealed before rushing to hug me- but of course, not on Alessio's watch.

"Touch her and I will cut you into pieces, alive." He threatened while blocking Landon's path. "Now, spill." 

"There is a trail left downstairs, the guards suggest you to see it." Landon said while looking like he wanted to beat the life out of Alessio. As the boys stand up I got alerted,

"What if its a trap?" I asked. 

"We'll call two of our best guards to guard the door, you'll be alright." Alessio answered, looking away from me.

"What about the window?" I pointed out,

'What if someone kidnap me and brutally torture me?' I asked, using our mind link.

"There are guards downstairs, stop being over-dramatic." He sighed,

"Over-dramatic? there is nothing wrong with being alerted." I muttered angrily.

The door banging close was my response, great.

'Accacia? are you there?' I asked my wolf,

'Shh, I smell something' She replied, so glad that she's alive...

'Its probably just the guards, don't be over-dramatic." I said, mouth dripping with sarcasm at the end of my sentence.

This weird liquid that was in the tubes made my eyes heavy, 

'I just woke up!' my mind complained.

 I decided to sleep again hoping that my mind will shift into a peaceful place, away from Alessio's mood swings.

*** 

Waking up, I stretched my hand tiredly. Wait, I should not be able to move my hands, the needles are supposed to dig into me painfully if I did.

Opening my eyes, I take a look at my surroundings. Bars, cold ground, blood? I'm in a cell. How did I get here, I certainly did not teleport myself here....... 

'Alessio, help!' I tried to mind link him but was blocked.

'Accacia....' I called but to my luck, I got no reply...

I decided to shift but no matter how hard I tried, my efforts were useless, I can't shift into a Werewolf nor an Angel. 

This must be one of those special cells that I hate, cells that are made specially for Werewolfs and in my case Angels too. How long have they been planning to kidnap me? And when I mean they, hopefully not Werewolf hunters.

"IS SOMEBODY THERE?" I shouted, praying that someone was.

"That will never work." A voice said from the corner of the cell. I jerked back in fear before asking, "Who are you?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know," She laughed. "Look closer." 

Hopefully not barbie.

Her hair was black and messy, her lips were perfectly pouted, she had a cute little button nose, and her clothes were torn and dirty, my eyes travelled to her eyes, her eyes were as dark as night. 

My mind suddenly wonder to Alessio, she looks like him. 

"Mara?" I blurted out.

"Great guess," she chuckled. This is scary, her chuckle sounds like Alessio's too.

"Why are you here?" I asked,

"As a bait." She replied. "But I guess big brother doesn't really cares about me anymore." 

"That's not true, Alessio spent months looking for you." I said, remembering when we first met.

"Who are you? how do you know my brother's name?" She asked, glaring at me while emerging from the shadows.

"I'm Natalia Romano, Faded moon pack." I introduced myself.

"Natalia..." She trailed off, she seems to be thinking really hard before coming to a conclusion, "Oh, Angel?" A bright smile forming on her face.

"Ya..." I answered awkwardly. Her eyes met my neck before gasping,

"Did you both finish the mating process yet?" She asked. She looked rather worried than curious. If someone asked me that out of curiosity I would've punch them but I could tell that she wasn't the kind of person to snoop into people's business.

"Um.. no." I replied uncomfortably. Her reaction scared me, it was the 'oh shoot' look.

"the full moon is in three days." She told me,

"And?" I asked, confused.

"You'll experience heat." Heat? my parents never explained the 'mating process' before. Vincent was the one who told me about it when he found out I didn't know what 'mate' is. It was awkward.

"And?"

"If he can't find you before the full moon," 

"You'll be dead."

Sup everyone !!!!!

I know I'm a horrible person....

Good news: *realises that there were no good news except for my own good.

Bad news: Me and my family are going somewhere to meet my big family. The thing is, I'll be staying at my grandma's house and the last time I was there the wifi connection was really bad.

I don't even know if I'm allowed to bring my laptop at all... So if I don't update on time, or in worst case scenario, I don't update at all, I'm so so sorry....

Anyways, thank you for all the support, your comments made me smile and made laugh,

I love you all!

Goodbye :)