Part 32: a Truth, a Fairytale

"Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

-Bob Marley

Recap:

"Eduard will not love anyone but himself-"

"But my sister."

"Your sister is gone! Your sister is as insane as Eduard! He made her that way." He said.

"Alessio for once!"

"Don't be so cold hearted."

NATALIA'S POV:

The moon's reflection floated gracefully on the water. I bit back the tears that were fighting to be released.

"I don't know if I'm doing the right thing Isa.." I told her as we sit by the river.

"I feel like I've betrayed Alpha's trust." I confessed. I was careful not to say Alessio's name in front of anyone. Calling him Alpha doesn't feel right but in times like this, I don't know what did.

"I don't know Nat. He wanted to kill Eduard for his mother. Vengeance. But Natasha needs Eduard. I guess it was.. love." Isa stated. 

I couldn't face Alessio. Not after he dropped the gun and looked at me with so much hatred, disappointment, and betrayal. Natasha was given a room next to Nathaniel's and Eduard is kept in the dungeon with his minions.

"He did it for me. He had to choose between his mother and me. He chose me. That itself makes me feel so guilty. I don't know how to express it Isa, it's just Eduard, he has given Alpha so many scars that he doesn't deserve. And now I feel like I've given him another." I told her.

"What scars?" She asked. It was now that I realized, I spoke to much.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me. You know, I wasn't kidnapped. I escaped. I wanted to know it all and I felt like everyone is keeping secrets away from me. I mean, there was even a forbidden room in the library!

There was where I found .... He stopped me from discovering further from our family. He said it was dangerous. It was now when I realize it is. If I can give you any advice,

reh morf yawa yats."

*-*-*-*-*

Alessio didn't sleep with me tonight. I waited for him till morning last night then eventually fell asleep. Where was he? I tried mind-linking him but I was blocked. 

'Maybe he's in the pack house?' Accacia said. I sprinted right there after she said that. There was nothing more that I wanted to do than to hug him in my arms.

I felt the stares of the pack members as I walked inside as if asking me, "What is going on?"

I found him in his study, reading a book. However, I knew he wasn't reading. He was in his thoughts, flying through the clouds, and possibly letting himself fall.

"Hey... I-I'm sorry." I apologized. It came out as awkward as I thought it would be, but how do you expect me to say it?

All Alessio did was look up from his desk with his cold hard eyes as if debating whether to exile me or kill me right here. 

Finally after a few more moments of awkwardness, he spoke up. "I do not wish to see you right now. Leave me alone." His tone made me remember to the day where we first met. Not by the river, but when he made me his slave. I knew what it meant. I lost his trust. Maybe it was what I deserved. 

Not knowing what to do, I sprinted outside with all my might. I wanted to get out of here. Right here. Right now.

I bumped into none other than Nathaniel on my way sprinting. The result was me flying away nearly a meter away from him.