Part 27: Car Rides.

Cause you were Romeo and I was a Scarlett letter and my daddy said stay away from Juliet!
- Taylor Swift, Love Story

Recap:

I know I can't deny that I love him.

I needed him.

I yearn for him.

But the demons inside of me are pulling me back inside, torturing me.

NATALIA'S POV:

"Why do we have to take a different car?" I questioned, clearly not happy with his decision. Being alone with HIM after what happened the other night  just feels..... uncomfortable? No. Skeptical? Probably..... oh! just feels wrong.

"I want to be with you. only you." He answered, placing his hand on my thigh. My bruises have fully heal which is crazily impossible.

I guess he does have a magical touch and of course with a help of my Angel side. I spend the rest of yesterday by myself in the forest before Alessio companied me. We didn't spoke a word to each other. We just stared at the stars before going back to our room to sleep.

"What's with you and Alpha Salvatore?" I asked. I didn't get to speak to him yesterday. However I did exchange a good morning and also thanked him before leaving, that was it. He didn't seem like the person who likes conversations, his gaze is just so intimidating.

"Hmm?" He responded, not getting what I meant.

"You guys seems close." I pointed out.

"We use to be. Until I had to move." He replied.

"Who was he? The guy with Christiantio I mean Christiano." I questioned out of curiosity. His eyes darkened, sensitive topic.

"I'm sorry, if you don't want to answer-"

"No. You deserve to know." He cut me off,

"You've seen the photograph?" I nod in response,

"He's the guy I tore of the picture. His name is Edward. We were like inseparable, I would treat him like he was my own brother.

"My mom and Xavier, my father, also the Alpha at that time, never really liked each other. I knew that they were constantly arguing when the curtains are closed. I never did tell Alarik, I didn't want him to look at our parents differently." He told me. The word father seems like a stranger to him as he said it bitterly, full of hatred. He didn't accept his father, that I can tell.

"One night, I heard screaming downstairs, it was coming from my parent's bedroom. They were so focused on arguing, they didn't even notice that I was looking through the door.

Arguments turned into fights, then fights turned into abuse.

There I saw the most horrifying sight I will never forget. Xavier and Felicia, Edward's mom, took turn beating my mom while she begged and cried hopelessly. They didn't even listen to her cries, they simply continue while laughing. 

Who I saw wasn't my father. Yes, he hated my mother for whatever reason but he will never stoop so low to beat a women. Who I saw was a brainwashed person that was devoured by hatred." He paused. He was tense, as pale as Snow White. I held his hands soothing him down. Soon I feel him calming down before continuing,