Chapter 12: Seperation

The three youngest Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione finished at the joke shop and headed to the Leaky Cauldron in order to use the Floo Network.

"For fuck's sake," Ron grumbled as the group entered the pub.

"What?" his companions asked.

"Dad's passed out at the bar," Ron pointed out. Sure enough, Arthur was unconscious at the end of the wooden counter.

"Should we take him home?" Ginny asked.

George glanced at his watch: eight-thirty. "I s'pose so. Ron, will you give me a hand?" he asked.

"Absolutely not. I say we leave him and if we're lucky, he won't find his way back."

"Ronald! Show him some respect. He is your father after all," Hermione chided.

"Not that piece of shit. I'll see you guys at home." Ron stepped into the fireplace and disappeared.

"I'd better go talk to him," Hermione said before following her boyfriend.

George looked to Harry then, about to ask the same question, but Harry nodded before the words left George's lips.

The trio made their way to the bar. After asking the bartender how much his dad owed, George paid off his tab. The two boys placed either of Arthur's arms around their shoulders and carried him to the fireplace.

As soon as they stumbled out of the fireplace in the kitchen of the Burrow, Arthur had regained consciousness in just enough time to find a trashcan. No doubt, the spinning sensation of Floo travel caused him to be more nauseated than he already was.

It seemed as though Ron had immediately began insulting his dad when he stepped into the kitchen a few minutes before, because Hermione was having it out with him, and Charlie was comforting his mum. While Arthur was busy retching, Ginny joined Hermione in berating her brother, George sat by his mum and Charlie, and Harry stood awkwardly by the fireplace.

Harry was startled as the fireplace roared to life next to him, and Bill stepped out of the green flames. He and Fleur had forgotten a box that morning and he had come to pick it up, so he was not expecting the mixture of shouting, sobbing, and vomiting that met his ears.

"Hey!" Bill shouted, gaining everyone's attention except Arthur's who was still bent over the trashcan. "I'm not even gone for one day and all hell breaks loose?" He let out a deep breath as he ran a hand through his long hair. "Does anyone want to explain?

This was the wrong question to ask, because the house exploded with noise again

"Shut it!" Bill commanded, causing the house to grow silent again. He knew how to control his siblings; he had watched his mother his entire life after all.

Finally, Arthur was able to stand without a wave of nausea overcoming him. He braced himself on the counter.

""You want an explanation?" he slurred. "She's a lying, cheating bitch!"

"And you're a good-for-nothing drunk!" Ron countered.

"Ron, go to your room if you can't hold your tongue," Bill commanded.

"Fine. I don't want to be in the same room as him anyway," the youngest Weasley male griped as he stamped out of the kitchen and up to his room.

"I come home to my wife alone with another man," Arthur continued. He then turned to his wife. "Speaking of which, did you enjoy the rest of your evening? I know I certainly did," he sneered before returning his head promptly to the trashcan.