Chapter 15: Percy's Confrontation

A/N: Thanks for the reviews and favorites everyone! I've worked on this chapter whenever I had time. Classes have been a bit hectic with it getting close to the end of the semester and all.

Here's y'all a Thanksgiving present! Chapter 15.

Percy's Confrontation

After a pleasant weekend with Audrey, Percy decided to pop in on his dad before work. He hadn't had a chance to talk to him since early last week, and not seeing Arthur at The Burrow the previous Tuesday night concerned him. Percy felt awful about not talking to his dad for a week especially with everything that had been going on, but work comes first with Percy unless it's a life-or-death family matter.

The door to Arthur and Perkin's office was open, so Percy didn't bother knocking. Arthur was the only one there at the moment. It was a little early for Perkins to be at work just yet.

"Good morning, Dad. How was your weekend?" Percy greeted cheerfully before taking in the scene in front of him. He wasn't always the best when it came to assessing a social situation beforehand.

The already cluttered little office was even more crowded. This was due to Arthur's large duffle bag sitting in one corner. Then Percy got a better look at his father since he had looked up from his paperwor. Dark circles hung under his eyes and short stubble covered his chin.

"What are you doing here, Percy?" Arthur asked bluntly. "I'm sure one of your brothers told you I didn't want anyone around."

Percy resembled a deer in headlights. "Uh – Um – Wait – What - What happened?" he stammered.

Arthur scoffed. "Like you don't know?"

Eyebrows furrowed, Percy responded honestly, "No. No, I don't."

Arthur looked at his son quizzically. "Really?"

"Really. I haven't had time to talk to anyone." Percy took a seat across from his father. "Dad, what happened?"

Looking at his desk, Arthur began, "Thursday night," he took a deep breath and glanced up at Percy before returning his gaze to the desk, "she left me." After saying this, Arthur looked his son in the eye.

Percy was astonished. Unable to find words, he leaned forward and put his head in his hands. Dozens of thoughts buzzed through his mind from why no one had told him to what could have ruined his parents' perfect relationship. Finally, Percy had found a single word.

"Why?" He looked up at his dad, waiting for an answer.

"After that big misunderstanding Monday, I tried talking to her like she's been wanting, but she wouldn't hear it and started ignoring me altogether. I didn't think she cared anymore, so I stopped caring as well. That led to some decisions which led to this."

"You can't just stop caring. I couldn't just stop caring about Audrey, and we have only been together two years. You and Mum have been together for thirty, and you're the perfect couple," Percy said indignantly.

"Nothing is perfect, Percy."

"Do you mean that if even if the war hadn't gone the way it did, you two still would have separated?" Percy was beginning to sound like a small child.

Arthur shook his head. "No. No. I highly, highly doubt that. Everything was how it had always been. All I'm saying is that our relationship had its obstacles like everyone else's."

"...Have you heard from Mum?" Percy asked hesitantly.

"No. I wasn't expecting to either."

"Oh. How about anyone else?" This question brought back the thought of why Percy's brothers hadn't informed him about their parents.