Chapter 7

Waking up the next morning he felt content, that hadn't happened in a long time. He also realized he felt something else and his body's response wasn't something he wanted to think about right now. Coffee! He would go grab some putting some distance between himself and Brace and try and gain some control and prospective.

"Morning" he said entering the kitchen and seeing Topaz on coffee duty already.

"Morning! Sleep alright?"

"Yeah, better than I have in a long time."

"But I feel bad complaining about that after all Brace has been through" Lex confessed.

"Yeah I understand that" Topaz said.

"I just wish I knew what made her run last time so we could make sure it doesn't happen again!"

"Yeah, I don't know she came over so happy that day. When I asked she said, he finally sees me."

"Lex stiffened, "What did you say? When was this?"

"A couple of day before she took off, then I saw her later the same day and she just looked shattered."

"What time did you see her at?" Lex asked his hands tightening on his coffee mug.

"I guess around noon the first time and around 7pm the second" Topaz replied.

Lex closed his eyes in pain, realizing he was the reason she had ran. That she endured all that pain and trauma because of him. The loss of her son, the assault, the scars she would carry forever, all because of him.

"Lex, are you alright?"

"What? Yeah, sorry was just thinking about back then. I'm going to see if Brace is awake yet."

Lex walked back into Brace's room closing the door behind him. Brace was just sitting up in bed rubbing her eyes when she heard the click of the door being shut. Looking up she saw Lex but something was wrong, he had a strange look on his face and his eyes, were those tears in his eyes?

"Lex, what is it? What's wrong?"

"I did this to you!"

"Don't be silly Lex, you didn't send me those text messages to me."

"I'm the reason you have those scars. I'm the reason you had to endure all that pain. I'm the reason that you lost Xavier, that you lost your son."

"What, Lex No!" Brace started

"Stop, please don't lie to me. I pieced it together after talking to Topaz."

Brace hung her head not meeting Lex's eyes, "It happened a long time ago."

"Tell me please, explain what happened" he begged.

"Lex, please, it doesn't matter anymore."

"Please Brace?"

Sighing she leaned back against the pillows, closing her eyes trying to gather her strength after the discussion last night she wasn't sure how much she had left. Lex made his way over to the bed sitting in front of her on the edge of it, waiting patiently for her to start.

"It was the day after the end of school" she began. At the end of school bash, I had driven us back to your place after the party to crash like usual. We all went to bed but you weren't tired, at first it was your typical random drunk chatter about nothing in particular. I don't remember how we got on the topic of guys but you mentioned Erik's interest in someone and I commented that it was too bad she wasn't interested back and you got irritated. You said that Erik wasn't all he cracked up to be and I should steer clear of him.