Chapter 17

The girls took a cab back to the hair salon to get started on their hair for the evening, as it was warm out both ladies opted for an updo that would allow air to flow around their necks and back more easily to help keep them cool as they knew the press of bodies tonight at the party would make it almost unbearable.

After an hour both were done and heading back to their rooms at the hotel to get changed. It was still early yet, as they had no intention of making their entrance before 8 they decided to get dressed together in Brace's room,

"Grab your dress and shoes"

"Ok, be there in a few" Topaz said as she unlocked her room.

A few minutes later there was a knock at Brace's door, opening it she found Topaz with her dress and shoes in her arms but also a bottle of Tequila and shot glasses. Brace shot her a questioning look,

"We might as well get a start on our buzz before the party" Topaz said with a giggle.

"Sounds good to me!"

After an hour of chatting and a few tequila shots the girls were just getting ready to put the finishing touches on their outfits. They gave each other a once over to ensure there was nothing out of place,

"Just a sec Brace, let me adjust your dress a bit to cover your tattoo. You know Lex is going to shit when he sees that!"

"Well that is why we are keeping it covered for now" came Brace's reply with a smirk.

Giving themselves one final look as they grab their handbags and head out to catch their waiting cab. It was a short ride to the Rally grounds and the party was already in full swing with people already spilling out of the door of the bar. As Topaz opened the door and stepped out, catching the attention of the men that were hanging around outside the building, a hush started to descend. Slowly realizing there was a quiet Topaz turned around while Brace stepped out of the car in a graceful gesture that was totally unlike her. Turning to Topaz she raised her eyes,

"Ready-, Topaz, what's wrong? Why are you looking like that?" Brace questioned.

"They are all staring!" She said in awe

Slowly looking behind her Brace notices that they have made an entrance, probably a greater one than they planned, with so many men around.

"Shit!" She whispered to Topaz, "Let's get to the guys before we have any trouble on our hands."

They made their way over to the building, under the close scrutiny of several groups of bikers as they entered, unaware that they were also being observed by Lex's least favorite person. Riley, with a smirk on his face decided to make Brace pay for her comment this afternoon and get a little revenge on Lex at the same time. To his thinking that pretty boy needed to be brought down a few pegs, he had everything so easy! A father who loved him and gave him a valued roll in their "business", friends that were loyal because they loved him not because they feared him, and now one of the hottest ladies Riley had ever seen and she wouldn't even give him the time of day. Well we would just see about that!

The minute the ladies walked into the building Jake and Lex noticed the hush that seemed to follow, looking towards the door to see what the cause was both got up with expletives as they shoved their way through the crowds of onlookers to get to their women. Topaz and Brace stopped just inside the door giving their eyes a chance to adjust to the dimmer lighting, only to see two very angry faces heading towards them in the crowd.

"Shit Brace, they look pissed!"

"Yeah they do don't they?"

"Am I coward if I turn around and run?" Topaz questioned from behind her.