Chapter 10

She heard the bike start up and take off as she entered the building and took the elevator to her floor, entering her room. She grabbed a bag from the closet looking at her clothes and deciding what to take for a few days away, the books she would need for her classes and lastly heading into the bathroom to grab her toiletries.

She heard her cell go off, thinking it was Jake saying they were close, she swiped the screen only to see messages from an unknown sender. She hesitantly opened them,

"Were you happy to have him chase after you?"

"Did you dress up for him, in that tiny red dress?"

"Are you f*cking him now?"

"You know you are mine and I don't like to share!"

"You're mine, I told you that you'd be mine forever!"

God, not again. The phone dropped from her hands as she slid down the wall. Hearing knocking on the door not sure if seconds, minutes or even hours had passed, Jake called out to her.

"Jake" Brace moaned crawling to the door.

She opened the door a crack, peering up from the floor to make sure it was him.

"Brace! Are you alright? What happened?"

Hearing the concern in Jake's voice seemed to snap her out of her fear-like trance, and she got up from the floor.

"It's fine, I'm fine. There were just more text message that arrived as soon as I got back to my dorm.

Jake picked up the phone and read through them.

"You said these came right after Lex left you alone?"

"Yes, why?"

"Whomever sent them knew you were alone, whomever they are, they are watching you."

Grab your clothes, we are leaving. I will call Detective Martinez to get someone over here then they can meet us across town at mom and dad's.

****

Across town at the Durham bike shop, Bit entered Marcus Durham's office.

"Boss, you wanted to know when Lex is back, he just arrived."

"Good, send him in!"

"There's something else you need to know boss"

"What?"

"She's back, that's where he's been."

"What? When?"

"Not long, a little over a week or so but she already seems to have him spinning."

Both remembered what Lex had been like when she took off. The drinking, the drugs, the girls they couldn't do that again...He wouldn't make it through a second time.

"Call Anthony, I think its time for Trina to come for a visit" Marcus said.

"Sure thing boss. Still want to see Lex?"

"Yes, he needs to finish that custom job today!"

*****

The next couple of days were a blur, a quiet blur thankfully! Detective Martinez came and took copies of the texts, Brace's statement and then checked out her dorm room, finding no bugs or cameras but Jake had the RA change the locks anyway just to be sure. For the rest of the week Topaz and Jake took turns picking her up from class until she was ready to stay in her dorm again.

Brace loved her brother but she needed her space, so she decided that the following night would find her back in her dorm room. Topaz was waiting when she got out of class.