Chapter 30

The rest of the day was filled with people coming and going once Lex had been moved to a ward room allowing visitors.

Just as evening was starting to hit, Marcus came to visit Lex. Checking on how he was doing and talking to Topaz, Jake and their parents as they visited with Lex. Jake had even snuck Rowan in to visit, the nurses pretending they didn't see his adorable little body when they came in to check on Lex. Marcus made eye contact with Brace and gave an imperceptible nod which Brace knew meant they had found who had done this to Lex and they were waiting.

"Lex, sweetie I am going to go home and have a shower and grab some clean clothes while you have some company to visit with." Brace quietly interjected into the conversation

"Okay, don't be long" he said smiling at her

"I'm going to head out too son, I will be back in a few hours to check on you." Marcus imparted before he followed Brace out of the room.

Not a word was spoken as they headed out of the hospital to Marcus' SUV and climbing in while Bit waited behind the wheel and headed to the garage.

As they pulled up in front of the compound they waited for the gate to be opened from the inside before they could drive through, drove through and pulled up in front of garage they all exited the vehicle heading into the side door rather than opening the big shop door.

Walking in there were 4 men sitting lined up against the wall with their hands and feet tied being watched over by a couple of Marcus' men. The fifth man was hanging in the middle of the shop from his chained hands. He looked up as they entered glaring at them. Brace made eye contact with the man in the middle of the shop, of course it had to be him... he simply didn't want to learn his lesson the easy way.

Brace turned to Bit and nodded, giving him the signal that it would continue regardless of who was in those chains. She pulled her sweatshirt up over her head revealing a white tank-top as Bit disappeared through the door leading to the offices and private rooms, returning with a large t-shirt and boxer tape. Brace put the t-shirt on over her tank-top to stay as clean as possible, even though she planned to shower before heading back to the hospital then took off her engagement ring and handed it to Marcus' holding her hands out for Bit to start to tape them.

As he finished with the tape and made sure it was secure he reached into his back pocket and removed 2 small brass knuckles slapping them into Brace's open palm, she slipped them over her fingers finally turning to face the man hanging from the chains. His lips curled in a sneer until he looked into her eyes and seeing the cold rage there started to worry about the outcome, she didn't have the look of someone who would be willing to forgive. He had never seen that hardened of a look on a man's face so seeing it on a woman had shaken his composure, although he quickly masked it. The men behind him against the wall were also able to see the look on Brace's face and if they could have heard his thoughts would have been in complete agreement.

Brace walked up to Riley, "I warned you to leave Lex alone that to try and break him would not end well for you! You seemed to think that I wasn't serious, so now I am going to show you how serious I am."

And with that warning she started punching, she didn't hold anything back. She knew she wasn't huge so her punches would have not have had as much of an effect if she hadn't been taught the most effective way to deliver them to getthe greatest impact, the brass knuckles ensured they would do damage. No one said a word as she continue to beat Riley bloody, knowing she had broken ribs, as well as other internal damage, the rage in her eyes giving her strength, they started to see the effect it was having on Riley as he start to hang by his wrist, slipping into unconscious. Grabbing a bottle of water she dosed his face, bring him back awake with a shock,

"Now, now Riley! We're just getting started and you wanted to play?!" Brace taunted as she looked around for Bit, who was leaning against the door to ensure no one opened it accidentally. Walking over to him she grabbed the handle of his knife tied at his waist and with a nod from him removed it and headed back over to Riley.

Without hesitation she cut the belt holding Riley's pants up, used the knife to flick the button off motioning for one of the men to come and remove Riley's pants, he hesitated looking to see if she wanted his boxers pulled as well, removing them at her nod as well. Riley realizing what was happening started to scream, calling her crazy, yelling for help from the other men saying she had lost her mind. With a cold smile she brought the knife to his most vulnerable parts and leaned in close so he would not mistake her words,

"I warned you to not mess with my family, that you wouldn't like the outcome!" She whispered in his ear apply pressure with the knife blade to draw a small bead of blood, "so let me be very clear, so there is no further mistake. If you come near, look at, talk about my family or anyone in it again there is nothing on this earth that will protect you! There is no place you will be able to hide from me as I will make it my personal mission to find you and finish off what I started today, Do you understand me?"

"Yes" Riley whispered trying to be careful to not move in case she slipped with the knife.

"What, I don't think I heard you?"

"Yes!!!!" He screamed

"Did everyone hear that, Riley said he got my message loud and clear so if it comes to the future and it turns out he didn't you all saw he was fairly warned!" she said looking around the room at the men gathered there.

The guys were nodding that they had indeed heard Riley and would back her up in the future if it was needed. Walking back over to Bit she returned his knife to him after wiping it on her t-shirt to remove the blood that was on it. Taking back one of the brass knuckles she put it on and delivered an upper-cut that knocked Riley out cold. She returned the knuckles to Bit, removed the t-shirt so he could get rid of it without Lex knowing and stepped outside the garage door heading up to their room to shower before heading back to the hospital.

After Brace left Marcus turned to Bit,

"I don't think there is any worry about ensuring the club continues when I am gone, if something ever happened to my son that he couldn't protect his family I have no doubt now that his wife will." He said with a grin at Bit "now take those other 4 and ensure they got the message then drop them back off on his father's lawn with a message that I want a sit down... this shit won't happen again, or I will let my daughter-in-law loose on them all" laughing he headed back to his office.

Up in the shower Brace ensured to clean all the blood from her hair, face and hands so that Lex would not be concerned about where she had been and what she had been doing. She thought she should feel bad or even sick for what she had done to Riley, another human being, but when it came to putting her family in jeopardy she could not deal in half measures and risk their safety.

As she finished her shower and headed back downstairs, she found Marcus waiting against the SUV to drive her back to the hospital. The gate to the compound now wide open again as she gave him a questioning look,

"Bit had to return our guest with a message, so I will drive you back to the hospital and check on Lex" Marcus supplied the explanation.

There was no conversation as they drove the short distance to the hospital, or as they made their way to Lex's room. When they entered Brace made her way directly over to Lex giving him a kiss on the cheek,

"Missed you" she said with a sweet smile

"Missed you too!" Lex replied

Marcus looked on with an approving smile that Lex caught, unable to understand it he sent a questioning look at his father who gave a head shake telling him to forget it as he took the seat on the other side of the bed and watched and listened to the inter-change between them. Knowing that they were his future, and that Lex had found a partner just as capable as he was of holding their ground and club together.

**********

A/N - We are reaching out close... hope you have enjoyed the story so far. Comment and/or vote to let me know what you think.