Chapter 15

Thank god that week was over Brace thought as she exited the building where she had just finished her last mid-term. Things had been a little awkward studying with Liam this week, with the questioning looks he kept giving her she knew it was just a matter of time before he asked her about the other night when Lex had shown up, and to be honest she didn't exactly know what to tell him.

Were her and Lex together? Were they exclusive? Were they just having fun? All questions she had been dodging, afraid of knowing the answer herself. But now the weekend was here and she could finally relax, they were heading down the coast to the bike rally for a couple of days getting her out of town and away from the drama, even if for just a short while.

She snapped out of her reverie, as she heard Lex pull up on his bike. He balanced his bike handing her the second helmet to put on before she got on.

"We are meeting Jake and Topaz at your parents to head out together" Lex informed her as she climbed on behind him.

Braced nodded and gave him her customary squeeze that indicated she was ready and they were off speeding towards her childhood home. Pulling up in front of the house a short time later, Brace removed her helmet and started towards the house.

"I'll got and see if Topaz has everything packed" she called over her shoulder

"I'll make sure Jake has his bike ready."

"Topaz, are you ready to go?" Brace called out as she entered the house.

"Yeah, just grabbing my bag" she called entering the kitchen, slinging the bag over her back.

Heading back out the door, they locked it behind them as they joined the guys down by the bikes. The guys strapped down their gear and what wasn't strapped down they girls wore in their packs as room was at a premium when riding on a bike.

Just as they were about to head out Brace's phone rang, looking down at the number she smiled before tell them,

"Just a second guys, I gotta take this before we set out" Brace said as she walked a little ways away, "Hey Case! How are you, hon?"

Lex picked up on the name, Case, Jake had mentioned him before. Turning to Jake he shot him a questioning look.

"I did tell you that the guys here would be the least of your problems, Case will be the one you have to worry about." Jake said with a smirk

"Who is he?"Lex asked

"He is the son to my mom's best friend from high school, he is also one of Brace's closest friends and despite the fact she hasn't figured it out yet, he is in to her."

"He's into her?"

"Yup, just wait. You will see when he comes for his visit after Thanksgiving!"

"He's coming for a visit?"

"Yup, him and his mother."

They overheard Brace ending the call, and turning around to meet her they readied themselves for travel. They had a few hours of travel ahead of them before they arrived at the hotel for the rally, the girls climbed on the back of the bikes as they load up and headed out for the Rally. Brace loved being on the back of the bike, it was such a free feeling and her arms wound around Lex as they headed down the highway, it was like a dream...one she didn't want to wake up from. As if sensing how she was feeling Lex reached one hand down and squeezed her hands that were wrapped around him.

They rolled into town in the early evening, taking time to check into their hotel and dropping their gear in their rooms before heading over to where the Rally events would mainly take place the next day. It had been a long ride so rather than change out of their riding gear they just wore it over to register, planning instead hot showers and an early night.