Chapter 19

Brace waited outside for her Uber, rubbing her temple she could feel a headache coming on. Her irritation with Lex's behaviour wasn't helping her mood any, but hopefully heading home to put her feet up and relax would help.

Seeing a car coming down the turn around she headed down the walk, approaching the window as it went down, "are you my Uber?"

"Yes miss" came the reply from the driver.

Opening up the back door and climbing in, she leaned her head  back against the seat after giving the address to her dorm. The car pulled away from the curb and heading towards home, the driver made an attempt to make polite small talk but Brace wasn't in the mood, keeping her eyes close she pretended to have dozed off when she heard him muttering.

"Think your too good for me, eh?

"Bet you wore that slutty dress for him"

"Moved on fast, dad's not even cold in the ground and your fucking some loser biker boy"

Brace's blood ran cold as her eyes snapped opening, meeting his shocked look in the mirror as he pulled to a stop at the lights. Not taking time to think Brace jerked the handle of her door and threw herself out of the car just as the driver decided to speed through the red light, Brace willing to take her chances dived into oncoming traffic.

She hit the pavement with a thud, whacking her heard hard but managed to avoid getting hit by the oncoming traffic. Vehicles screeched and came to a stop narrowly avoiding missing her while bystanders called 911. The ambulance and police arrived quickly on the scene, taking her to the hospital to treat her wounds. After her wounds were cleaned up, the doctor sent her for a MRI to check for any head trauma before allowing the officers to question her about what had happened.

"Ma'am can you tell us what happened tonight?" The officer politely asked.

"I'm sorry officer it is part of an ongoing case and I would prefer to not repeat it twice so can you please call this Detective and have her meet us here." Brace said taking Detective Martinez's card from her bag.

"Sure, is there anyone else I can call for you?" Asked the officer

"No, I'll wait until I am done and then call them, I don't want to worry them about some scrapes and bruises."

Brace laid her head back on the bed to wait for the Detective, thanking God she told Topaz she was heading to her dorm so no one would be missing her just yet.

********

Topaz hadn't been impressed with Lex's behaviour and had no bones about going over to break up the little tete a tete now that Brace had left.

"If you are about done reminiscing do you mind giving us a ride home" Topaz interrupted, looking straight at Trina, "this party blows tonight!"

"Uhh, sure. Let me get Brace while you get Jake-" Lex started

Topaz interrupted, "Don't bother Brace already went home."

"What? What do you mean she went home?"

"Exactly what I said she left a little while ago."

"Why didn't she come and get me?"

"You looked a little busy!" Topaz said sarcastically.

"She shouldn't have gone off alone when they still haven't caught her stalker" replied Lex as he grabbed his jacket heading for the door, not even bothering to look back and see Trina's pissed expression aimed at Topaz and Lex's back.

Smirking back at her Topaz grabbed Jake's hand and left the house climbing into the back of Lex's SUV as they headed to Jake's house. Pulling up outside moments later Lex let them out and called out a good-bye, heading straight to Brace's dorm, after parking in her allotted slot he took the stairs two at a time, from Topaz's comments knowing he was going to have some grovelling  to do. Thinking better of just unlocking the door, Lex decided to knock, but got no answer, knocked again,