Chapter 11

The party was going well, Liam was great! He got along well with everyone, he was funny and attentive and a great dancer. The only dark spot on the night was the black glare coming from Lex, but of course with some easy ride beside him. Well he could just go pound sand Brace thought. However, she was hot so decided to head out to the porch for a breather.

"I'm gonna go and grab some air" Brace told Liam.

"Want me to come with?" he asked

"No, no finish your conversation, I will be back in a few."

Walking out onto the porch Brace found a dark corner to just lean against the railing and breath it all in.

"Just what the hell do you think you are doing?"

Of course she would get no peace! Turning around to confront Lex, who's mood didn't look like could get any blacker.

"I'm at a party, with a date and we are dancing and enjoying ourselves."

"You bring a date to a crew party wearing barely anything?!" Lex snapped.

"You have a date with you, perhaps you should worry more about her and less about me. And my dress is perfectly fine!" Knowing that it being backless and the rest held together with dainty chains might be a stretch to call it "fine" she thought but she kept that to herself.

"If there was anything less to that dress you would be showing your underwear!" he snapped

Seething Brace stepped into him, "Goes to show what you know, I'm not wearing any underwear!"

And with that remark, pushed past him and back into the party. She wasn't going to let him ruin her night. She found Liam on the dance floor and got back to enjoying herself.

Jake watched for Lex to come back in and when he did he was like a thunder cloud. All of a sudden he looked down and there was Topaz in that damn dress with a worried frown.

"I think Brace might have gone too far" Topaz worried

"Really, like you did with wearing that dress?"

"Wh-What? What's wrong with this dress?"

"Beside the front being so low you can almost see your naval and so short you can almost see the goods?!"

"You're being ridiculous, I don't look and different than the other girls here. Most of which you have been with!" she shot back

"I have not been with most of the girls here, you're exaggerating and besides we are talking about you and your inappropriate dress."

"I told you there is nothing wrong with my dress, I look good in it! I have received several compliments on it." she huffed

"Exactly, men just wanting to get into your pants!"

Brace interrupted, not quite sure why Topaz and her brother were glaring at each other.

"Liam and I are going to head out."

"Okay sweetie, we'll catch up with you tomorrow."

Brace gave her brother a quick peck on the cheek and a questioning look but he waved off her questions. Brace headed out the door and to Liam's car, he was waiting to help her into the car before going to his side. Brace looked up and made eye contact with Lex on the porch, giving him a defiant look she turned to Liam and smiled as they drove off.

Lex stormed back into the house, he grabbed his jacket and without a word left, leaving Jake and Topaz still glaring at each other.

"You can stop glaring, I don't care if you like me in the dress or not!" Topaz stated as she flounced away. Jake follows her upstairs and into one of the bedrooms.