Chapter 24

"Lex, you've had too much to drink. Get up off your knees and I will find someone to drive you home."

Taking her hands in his, "I haven't had more than 2 drinks and I am serious!"

"Lex-"

"Brace, when you left 2 years ago my world crumbled, I went to a very dark place and I don't want to go back there. I didn't realize what I was missing until I saw you on that dock, looking out over the water. It was like my heart sighed seeing you had come home."

Brace's eyes started to tear up at Lex's speech

"I was foolish to not admit my feelings to you 2 years ago, but I am not going to make that mistake again, I WON'T loose you!" Lex declared, reaching into his jean pocket he pulled out a small jewellery box.

"What is that?" Brace said with tears streaming down her cheeks

Topaz caught a glimpse of movement from the corner of her eye as Trina started to get up and interrupt the moment. Intercepting her before she got past their crew she put a hand up,

"I think it is best if you just sit down and stay quiet"

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"I think if you try to interrupt them right now you are going to find out what an ass kicking looks like pretty fast!"

Trina, seeing that Topaz now actually had the support of the crew behind her when issuing her threat as they circled around behind her, huffed back over to the couch and sat down. Topaz gave her a smirk and turned back around to see how the scene was playing out for Lex and Brace.

Opening the box and taking out the ring inside he asked her again, "I have had this in my pocket for a while waiting for just the right moment, and I can't think of a better one. Brace, will you marry me?"

Looking him in the eyes, unable to believe that he truly wanted to marry her and seeing the honest love there she broke into a smile, nodding her head yes.

"Yes-" Lex questioned

"Yes!" Brace confirmed

"Wooo hooo!!!!" Lex yelled slipping the ring onto her finger he jumped up and swung her around.

The room erupted into cheers, people closing in to offer their congratulations and get a look at the ring that Lex bought her. Topaz cheered and clapped making her way through the crowd to hug Lex and Brace, so happy for her friends. Catching the sulky look from Trina still on the sofa, on her phone now talking to someone, before she got up in a huff and left the party without another word to anyone. Lex had his arm around Brace as they were congratulated by all their friends, refusing to let go of her for even a second.

After what felt like hours they had finally gotten the congratulations of what must have been  everyone at the party and it was ramping back up in fully swing, this time in celebration! Just as they were about to head back to Lex's seat a slow song came on and he pulled Brace back onto the floor as she looked at him questioningly.

"I like this song, and it gives me a reason to wrap my arms around you." Lex said with a smile as he gave her a sweet kiss on the tip of her nose snuggling her into his arms as they danced. Brace wasn't going to complain when he gave her reasoning like that, so wrapped her arms a little tighter around his neck and snuggled into his chest enjoying the moment.

The rest of the evening passed in a bit of a blur with Brace staying snuggled in close to Lex's side as the party slowly started to wind down. Case had enjoyed the rest of the evening, dancing and actually seemed to have come to some sort of weird truce with Lex since the engagement happened. Brace wasn't sure what caused it but she wasn't going to complain as both of these men meant the world to her. As it neared 1am, the group as a whole decided it was about time to call it a night and head home. Standing up Lex turned to Brace,

"Did you want me to take you to your parents?"Lex asked quietly in her ear

"No, I want you to take me to your place and we can talk about that "anything" promise I made a couple weeks ago." She said with a smirk

Pulling back in surprise, his eyes darkening in lust as he grabbed Brace's hand and saying their good-byes he helped her into his SUV as they headed to his house. As he pulled up to the rooms above the shop, Brace looked at him questioningly,

"I thought it might be more comfortable for us to stay here when you are over than to stay in my parents house"

"When did you move in here?"

"The day after our first night together. I knew I didn't want it to be just a one time thing." Lex said as he leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips.

Loving the feel of his lips against her she leaned in deepening the kiss, and running her tongue along his bottom lip, causing Lex to moan as he started to get more worked up.

"Alright, time to take this show inside. I have been too long without you!" Lex said as he got out of the truck and came around her side to help her down, but instead swung her up in his arms bridal style and carried her towards the stairs and the apartments above.

Laughing Brace said, "Lex put me down!"

"Nope, I am making sure you can't get away"

As they reached the top of the stairs, rather than letting Lex balance her she reached for the door, opening it wide for him to scoot them both through and let it gently bang shut behind them as he headed down the hallway to his room. As it was only the shop crew allowed in here they didn't bother to lock the doors so Brace opened in easily, as they were a family and no one would steal from the other.

As he turned her to set her down he let her body slowly slide down his, making sparks from the friction of their bodies rubbing together. As her toes gently touched the floor he swooped in for a kiss, one of need and desire too long denied and he wasn't holding back any longer, after all she has said anything he wanted.

***********

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, the juicy one is coming but and didn't see how to break that up half way through a smut scene and didn't want to end up with a huge chapter so decided to cut this one a little short. Vote and comment, let me know what you think.