Chapter 18

Taking deep breaths in and out Brace gritted her teeth.

"Do you really think I will let you touch me in an attempt to break Lex?" She gritted out

"Doesn't seem like you are going to have much choice in the matter as I have you and it isn't hard to see that you are his only weakness."Riley taunted as he shifted so one hand was holding her hands prisoner above hear head while the other came down on her thigh, moving up slowly and dragging the hem of her dress with it.

Refusing to be a victim again, Brace brought up her knee connecting with his most sensitive parts, weakening his grip on her hands so she brought her elbow down into the side of his neck, causing him to crash to the ground in pain.

"I will never be used to break Lex, and you will never attempt it again or I will kill you, do you understand me?"

Riley didn't answer right away, still nursing his groin,

"Bitch!"

Stepping forward onto his hand with her heel she brought it down applying pressure,

"I'm sorry what did you say? Did you hear what I said? If you try to use me to break Lex again I will kill you!" Brace asked apply more pressure

"Yes!" Riley let out with a snarl, snatching his hand out from under her heel when she let the pressure off.

At that moment, is when Lex knowing he wouldn't distract her and put her in danger, grabbed her and swung her around, completely disregarding Riley and his friend helping him up and leaving the alley.

"Jesus baby, where did you learn to do that?"

"Self-defense class, Case made me take one after I recovered so that I would not be vulnerable again" Brace said shyly.

"You were terrific!" He said giving her a one armed hug as he led her back into the bar.

"Thanks!"

"Now you want to explain to me, your thinking on getting a tattoo that would require you to have your pants down to get it, when you seemed smart enough to take self-defense classes?"

Gulping, "Nope, I am good thanks!"

"Brace-"

"Lex, please, later!"

"Fine, let's grab our stuff and head out, I think we have had all the excitement we can handle for the night and I want to get a better look at that tattoo."

"Yes please!"

After talking to Jake and Topaz they decided rather than stay over another night they would head back home that night, for some reason home was calling them strongly.

TIME LAPSE 3 WEEKS

After the rally, things kind of fell into a routine, Lex spent nights with Brace in her dorm or if they were hanging out with Jake and Topaz they just crashed at their parents house. Lex finally forgave her for taking her pants down to get the tattoo after she made up for it a couple times that involved some begging, on both their parts, admitting that it quite suited her but getting irritated when she would not divulge what the fancy script around it said. Her parents would also be arriving home from their Fiji trip soon so there would have some catching up to do.

Brace was the happiest that she'd been in a long time, they were coming up on an extended weekend for Thanksgiving, there was of course a crew party planned the Thursday night after everyone celebrated Thanksgiving with their families, and she was going to make sure that Lex's eyes never left her! Their relationship only seemed to get hotter and hotter, they couldn't seem to get enough of each other. When Brace wasn't with him he occupied her thoughts, making it hard to focus on anything else. God she didn't know what to do about it, she knew she was falling hard and fast but still hadn't worked up the courage to ask what if anything, this was. Shying away from those thoughts she focused in on the other part of her life that her excitement was almost too much to contain...Case was coming!!! His mom and him would be here until the New Year and Brace could hardly wait to introduce him to everyone, Lex especially and show him her childhood haunts and memories. They had only previously talked about it but now she would be able to show him, giving life to the memories she had told him about.