Chapter 1: Secrets Can Be Things That Haunt You...

Chapter 1: Secrets Can Be Things That Haunt You Or They Can Be Things That Protect You From What's To Come.

"Dad, this job doesn't make sense" I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"It doesn't have too.. just go and do it"He shrugged his shoulders carelessly while shoving a donut in his mouth.

"How can a 25 year old man, whom I've never heard of, need a bodyguard. I'm sure he can look after himself. Ill be wasting my time- I can be protecting people that actually need it!"I argued.

He put his cup of tea down on his desk that was full of papers.

"Luna... it's been hard just finding you a job. People don't exactly feel safe at the idea of a woman protecting them. You're lucky these people want you at all" He spoke apologetically.

"People are sexist assholes" I mumbled in annoyance.

"Some of them but not me. You are a strong and courageous woman. I know all of the people who denied you have had a loss. At 23 years old you are a little weapon"Dad smirked proudly to himself as he hugged me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're not even sad that I have to live with a stranger for however long they need me..."

He sighed slowly.

"I am cheesecake... but I know you'll be safe there and also- it's a lot of money"

"Okay fine. I'll take it. But I'm not staying there if it's just a babysitting job"

"Okay sweetheart"He smiled.

"So can I look through his file?"I asked as I picked it up.

"Sure but there's no photo of him. They said it's confidential"

"Great dad. I have to protect a serial killer"I joked and he smiled.

"Maybe"

I have him a look saying 'that's not funny'.

I looked through everything...
His name: Dean Blake.
His age: 25.
Occupation: Artist.
Needs: Skilled female bodyguard.

That's it.

"This file is packed with information! Dear lord I know my client inside out now!"I exclaimed sarcastically.

Dad laughed. "You should get going now... they said they will send you a car"

"Great..."

---------------------------------------------

Hi Huns! I know it's a short start but please expect longer chapters in the future. I really hope you like it so far even though much has not happened😊

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter and if you liked it please Vote, Comment, Share and Fan!😘

Stay smiling you're beautiful💜❤️💛💚💙💖