Chapter 22: What Do You Mean Why?

My throat was dry. My eyes were heavy. My body ached.

Slowly I opened my eyes. Artificial light glared down at me. I was in a hospital.

I squinted as I turned to see him sitting there. In all his handsomeness. Looking at me but not seeing me. He hadn't realised I had woken up.

I smiled as I saw him and realised his wounds had been plastered and bandaged. He looked better now. Happier.

I sat up in my bed, trying not to make a sound and smiled at myself mischievously.

Tiptoeing off of bed I stood behind his chair and brought my lips to his cheek. I don't know why I did it. But I did.

He instantly smiled and grabbed my arm, pulling me onto his lap.

His brown eyes looking into me intensely.

"I'm glad you're up... but I think you have forgotten how smart I am"

I laughed "oh yeah? So you're saying you heard me getting up?" I smiled out.

"Yes I did baby and you weren't that quiet" he whispered as he brought his lips closer to mine.

"Hey! I was very quiet!" I exclaimed putting my hand on his chest.

"Mmhh..." he mumbled as he put his forehead against mine.

After a while he spoke "listen Luna... when you were taken... I-I was terrified... not because I was alone but because... it was my fault that you were gone and I thought I was going to lose you... I hated myself and- I still do—"

My heart was breaking listening to how his voice was filled with hatred towards himself.

"Stop... no... Dean, I signed up for this, I don't care that that happened to me... really... I would give my life for you, don't hate yourself... please..."

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "That's the issue Luna. I don't want you to give your life for me... I love you too much to let anything happen to you"

"Dean I— wait... what did you just say?" I stood up and sat on the hospital bed. Dragging his arm to sit opposite me on it too.

Crossing my legs, he took my hand into his.

My heart was racing. My stomach feeling like a pit in which I wanted to curl into.

"That's not how I wanted it to come out" he smiled out and I bit my lip nervously.

I wanted him to say it. But I didn't. I wanted to finally say it back. But I didn't want our relationship to end if it started. Like my dream.

"Dean" I whispered, I know he sensed the unease in my voice. Then he grew nervous.

"Fuck... I mean... don't say it... don't say it Dean... I- I'm your bodyguard, it won't work out— you have a girlfriend— I'm sorry if I lead you on in any way... I can't seem to control myself around you— I— I— ..." I breathed out.

After a moment he pulled my waist into him so my body was pressed against his.

" you have a girlfriend—"

Dean chuckled. "I really... really want to kiss you Luna" He whispered. His warm breath hovering over my lips.

My eyes fluttered close. This was so hard that it was painful.

"Do it... do it..." I moaned out.

"Oh you're up!" A nurse entered and I jumped.

Fuck sake.